Software niggles?

Felafel

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have a 3 week old MG4 long range Trophy (500 miles). Lots of good stuff about the car except for software niggles. Has anyone else experienced these:

1. The large central display screen suddenly blanking out whilst travelling at 50 mph for no apparent reason. I stopped the car, switched off and restarted, the screen came back on. Very disconcerting.

2. Going into the User section, hoping to be able to save drive preferences. However, somehow I managed to lose my driver ID and login. How and why I do not know.

3. Android play seems to make the whole system unstable, all sorts of wierd stiff happens around navigation, radio and phone calls.

Are these operator error (!) or teething problems, or real bugs?

I have a 3 week old MG4 long range Trophy (500 miles). Lots of good stuff about the car except for software niggles. Has anyone else experienced these:

1. The large central display screen suddenly blanking out whilst travelling at 50 mph for no apparent reason. I stopped the car, switched off and restarted, the screen came back on. Very disconcerting.

2. Going into the User section, hoping to be able to save drive preferences. However, somehow I managed to lose my driver ID and login. How and why I do not know.

3. Android play seems to make the whole system unstable, all sorts of wierd stiff happens around navigation, radio and phone calls.

Are these operator error (!) or teething problems, or real bugs?

I've heard that Android Auto is quite flakey, its only once not worked for me where I get a black screen when I plug my phone in.

The head unit going off whilst driving I have never experienced, I've had lots of time where it is slow to start and that sometimes causes the autohold error. If it continues to do this I would take it back to your dealer to have it checked.

I've never been logged out of the head unit either.

I only started to get connected to Android Auto this afternoon and so far so good. The car seems happy with my new phone with the old SIM card in it, although I have yet to try it with the new SIM card now the old number has been transferred to it.

Maybe it's true the SE is less temperamental than the Trophy in this respect?

Never had any issues with AA on my Trophy after I updated to R33, I use Google Maps on all my trips rather than the built-in Nav.

I use android Auto in my MY22 Trophy on R30 and it has disconnected mid journey twice this past week (never to be on again). Also wouldn't start after I briefly disconnected the phone until I reset the head unit.

Hoping to get it updated to R46 in a couple of weeks and see if it improves.

Get the dealer to update software version to R46.
I was told by the dealer that it was updated to the latest version when I got it on 2 August. How can I find out the s/w version? I no longer have confidence in the dealer after the salesperson was dismissed the same week they handed over the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back