Software updates

hman67

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
New member,first post
Had trophy model since February and have been throughly impressed with driving dynamics of my first EV
Thought I’d let fellow 4 owners know about latest software updates mentioned on this month’s podcast
Car went in for a new windscreen camera recalibration and WOW came back a changed car
MG have finally nailed it with LKA and auto collision braking ast
The car is transformed,no need to turn either off now as both systems are totally non intrusive,I even checked they were actually activated plus speed sign display seems to be more responsive
Anyone out there those car is back to dealer get those mentioned podcast updates done as a priority….GAME CHANGER

How long did it take for the updates to be done?
Went in 0830…picked up washed & hoovered @1500
Only thing still not sorted out is my Bluetooth pairing which drops out on a consistent basis
Have a brilliant independent dealership in Colchester who are very active in reporting problems to head office…so hopefully this will be addressed soon

About these updates. Does it involve the infotainment screen software, or is it just other stuff?
Had latest screen software installed last time car was in for Bluetooth issues it sorted lag issues & responses
I’m as of last Friday I’m fully updated on car
Apart from as mentioned pairing problems the car is now a total joy to drive now

Good to know. I have the SE and the software is still on R13 for the infotainment screen. Nobody is touching that until they have an update that doesn't remove the outside temperature display! But it's good to hear that they really are improving stuff.

I wrote to MG customer services a few weeks ago stating I was happy with car (March 2023 Trophy) other than dangerous lka whichever renders car undriveable and potentially deadly if not switched off. Following this they told me to book it into local dealer for update. I've another 2 weeks to wait for this appointment but can't wait if this really is the solution. MG at least seem to partly acknowledge problem now without fully admitting how dangerous it is.

I wrote to MG customer services a few weeks ago stating I was happy with car (March 2023 Trophy) other than dangerous lka whichever renders car undriveable and potentially deadly if not switched off. Following this they told me to book it into local dealer for update. I've another 2 weeks to wait for this appointment but can't wait if this really is the solution. MG at least seem to partly acknowledge problem now without fully admitting how dangerous it is.
Autowindscreens couldn’t recalibrate cameras stating there’s a update needed to camera system hence recalibration at dealer…hopefully yours will be fully updated…I can honestly say as someone who turned LKA off every start up I’m astonished how latest update has rendered system useable

Autowindscreens couldn’t recalibrate cameras stating there’s a update needed to camera system hence recalibration at dealer…hopefully yours will be fully updated…I can honestly say as someone who turned LKA off every start up I’m astonished how latest update has rendered system useable
Is it because the LKA basically does nothing now? That's why it doesn't try to kill you? I recently got a skoda enyaq as our second car and that is an example of LKA working, so our MG4 is always off but our skoda is always on.

Is it because the LKA basically does nothing now? That's why it doesn't try to kill you? I recently got a skoda enyaq as our second car and that is an example of LKA working, so our MG4 is always off but our skoda is always on.
No..it’s always on now and works how it should,very gently reminding you & not over sensitive

My LKA has settled down since I turned the sensitivity down to low, it retains that setting on a restart.

this month’s podcast
What podcast is this, please? An MG one? I neeeeed this update; the LKA is driving me crazy!!!! More to the point, I'm concerned about its safety for my student daughters, who only drive the car in the holidays and don't have even my faulty memory to turn everything off before starting.

New member,first post
Had trophy model since February and have been throughly impressed with driving dynamics of my first EV
Thought I’d let fellow 4 owners know about latest software updates mentioned on this month’s podcast
Car went in for a new windscreen camera recalibration and WOW came back a changed car
The car is transformed,no need to turn either off now as both systems are totally non intrusive,I even checked they were actually activated plus speed sign display seems to be more responsive
Anyone out there those car is back to dealer get those mentioned podcast updates done as a priority….GAME CHANGER
I had the car in for a flat battery and they have updated the software, at last the LKA sems to be controllable.
I have not been out and about much recently so I do not know what else has changed but the speed sign recognition improvment is progress.

I wish they would send an update as to what has changed rather than having to find out by trial and error!

What podcast is this, please? An MG one? I neeeeed this update; the LKA is driving me crazy!!!! More to the point, I'm concerned about its safety for my student daughters, who only drive the car in the holidays and don't have even my faulty memory to turn everything off before starting.
There’s a podcast every month or so. The latest one is here MG EVs Podcast Monday 12 June 2023 @ 7:30pm BST

Went in 0830…picked up washed & hoovered @1500
Only thing still not sorted out is my Bluetooth pairing which drops out on a consistent basis
Have a brilliant independent dealership in Colchester who are very active in reporting problems to head office…so hopefully this will be addressed soon
Is that Tolleys

New member,first post
Glad to hear this, I was about to deliver my car back through the showroom window! LKA - dangerous Sign recognition - useless, thinks I'm always in a 20 mph zone and fleshes constantly Rear collision warning always bleating when I reverse Front Collision warning - bleats in traffic and I'm a good 2m from the car in front at 1 mph. I turn them all off preflight every single time and it is tiresome.

I had an update about a month ago and yes there is a change for the better to the LKA with more choice but my Trophy still reverts to the strongest level when I restart the car so I would be interested if others are not having to reset it each time they use the car.

Mine (R33) remembers the LKA sensitivity level, but not the type of assist.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back