Software updates

Thanks for the update, Mike!

I have a question surrounding the battery balancing which may already have been answered somewhere on the forum. If so, sorry. The question is: does balancing occur automatically after the charge cycle is completed.... IE leaving the car plugged in well after the car claims it's at 100%
OR
as I have read other places, does one have to have the power on. If so, does that mean the power should be on the entire time whilst charging or just after the charge cycle is completed?

Also a lot of people in Norway have had the dealer do the balancing for a few days at the same time as they received the updated BMS fix which would leave you without the car for a time. Still it might be better for my piece of mind to get it done by a pro.

I have a question surrounding the battery balancing which may already have been answered somewhere on the forum. If so, sorry. The question is: does balancing occur automatically after the charge cycle is completed.... IE leaving the car plugged in well after the car claims it's at 100%
Yes, happens automatically after a charge is complete. MG badge logo will be solid white whilst balancing (equalisation) is being carried out, once complete it will extinguish.

Page 151 onwards in the manual for more details.

Yes, happens automatically after a charge is complete. MG badge logo will be solid white whilst balancing (equalisation) is being carried out, once complete it will extinguish.
I wonder why all the talk on the FB groups here in Norway mentioned having the car "running" for the equalization to occur. Side note: it's not like the light on the badge is super bright and easy to see or anything at least in the daylight!

Thanks for your answer (y)

Thanks for the video Mike.
I don't suppose you could put a summary of the updates in text form?

Or is there an up to date list somewhere else on this forum already? (I thought there used to be one but I couldn't find it).

Hi all,

I’ve just uploaded another video on software updates to the MG ZS EV.

I didn’t include the 2nd generation comfort system update as already covered in depth in previous video.

Please like & subscribe.

Hi Mike, as a new member I appreciated the information on software updates. Do these updates have reference numbers that I can quote to my MG garage? Thanks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom