I’ve finally been able to convince my wife that the initial outlay for a Zappi, solar PV and battery storage installation has been worth it. I showed her our solar being diverted to the car (instead of British Gas) via the Zappi app and I got a big smile and thumbs up, which coming from my wife is a big win. 😅

Feels great to be charging the MG4 with solar energy. 3kWh is not too shabby for Fife. View attachment 17059View attachment 17060
I had this last year when looking at solar, battery and an EV(MG4). My wife exclaimed, "we'll never get that money back". I said, it's not entirely about getting our money back, more as I see it reducing our ongoing costs and let it lie at that. A couple of weeks later she said to me out of the blue, "so when are we getting the solar panels"? The rest, as they say, is history.😁
14 x 405w JA solar panels, Solis inverter, 5kWh Puredrive battery and Zappi charger. Recently added an Eddi and another 5kWh battery. 5.67kWp system.

I had this last year when looking at solar, battery and an EV(MG4). My wife exclaimed, "we'll never get that money back". I said, it's not entirely about getting our money back, more as I see it reducing our ongoing costs and let it lie at that. A couple of weeks later she said to me out of the blue, "so when are we getting the solar panels"? The rest, as they say, is history.😁
14 x 405w JA solar panels, Solis inverter, 5kWh Puredrive battery and Zappi charger. Recently added an Eddi and another 5kWh battery. 5.67kWp system.
That’s great to hear that your wife is onboard with all the changes you’re making. 👍

My wife is now saying things to me like, “Don’t put the kettle on until I’ve finished using the oven.”, as she knows the 3.6kW limit of the inverter. 😅

6A at 240V AC is 1.4kW
Ofcourse it is, I knew that. Tee hee 😄

Excellent!

We have managed to charge the 16 kW house battery AND the MG4 AND run the house since back end of April. Feels great! 🙂
I was hoping to be able to get some extra to the car when we had less than 1.4kw surplus. Hey ho, can't have everything .

That’s great to hear that your wife is onboard with all the changes you’re making. 👍

My wife is now saying things to me like, “Don’t put the kettle on until I’ve finished using the oven.”, as she knows the 3.6kW limit of the inverter. 😅
May I suggest you get a camping kettle? I think the one we have is about 1200 watts. 🙂
P.S. and get the wife to put kettle on like I do.... tee hee

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom