Something different on the 4

Deleted member 14300

Reaction score
Today I had an appt and I needed to not hypermile the car for once. As you know, I drove with a black sticker covering the top camera due to the fault that causes hedge diving, and also because MG can't see it till next month.
So at the point of getting on the A42, the ACC actually worked at speeds above 50. I had to overtake and at 80, there was a weird almost drrrr noise. Like the tyres were off road type ones. Dropped down to 60 cos am a good girl and it went away. Did similar speeds again and the drrrr returned on a totally different A road. Then it cleared up and that was that. The ACC finally gave up in Derby doing 30mph. Said the camera was obstructed and the ACC couldn't work and also the emergency stop system couldn't. Followed by a please drive safely message. I found that quite funny as with all the safety features working, the car wanted to hedge bottom itself. Oh the irony 🤣

So, anyone else find at certain speeds it feels like the drrr noise and also the front end gets quite light. Almost as if the aero is pushing the back end down and the car is lifting up? I swear it needs a better spoiler up front.

Umm I don't think that’s a thing.
At least I can say I’m pretty certain the front isn’t ACTUALLY becoming light, the car weighs nearly two tons after all. But not doubting it could’ve felt that way.
Strange indeed but not mentioned so far that I recall only the XPower with speed related oddities.
Glad you handled it well though 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel