Sore left knee

Nope - but it does very much depend on how tall you are / length of legs, and your driving position. In my case I can rest my knee/leg against the binnacle comfortably. :)

I have a dodgy left knee, which is why I gave up driving manual cars.
I don't have a problem with the console as I have the seat further back and my knee is below it, but I do find the footrest a bit uncomfortable due to the fact my leg is twisted toe in if I rest my whole foot on it. I find myself just resting my toe on it to keep my foot straight.

Nope - but it does very much depend on how tall you are / length of legs, and your driving position. In my case I can rest my knee/leg against the binnacle comfortably. :)
I thought the binnacle was the bit behind the steering wheel? Sounds like you’re a yoga pro to pull that one off :) (I’m probably confusing terms but the idea just amused me) extra long leg crossed above the steering wheel, foot tapping the side window 🤣

I noticed on my recent test drive the driver footwell isn’t quite as wide as my current one so my unused leg doesn’t rest quite as comfortably to the side but I reckon there are a few positions that’ll work for changing it during a journey.
I’m 6 foot and not trim so it’s likely my body shape being the weird element here 😁

I notice it a bit, but it's never been an issue. More to the point, what do you do with your feet and legs when you have the ACC set? I've gone from manual transmission (OMG I've sprained my left ankle how the hell do I get home like this?) to a DSG (what do I do with my left foot anyway?) to this - what are feet for?

Hello again
Anybody else got a sore left knee from the drive selector?
I'm 6 3 and often find knee resting against it. A softer/rubber surround might be more comfy but don't get any pain. Personally prefer drive selector in middle than on a stalk but suppose if it was higher or not as deep it might suit the taller driver more.

Hello again
Anybody else got a sore left knee from the drive selector?
I do, thank god I'm not the only one. The driving position for me is what I see as my weakest quality of the car. The reach & rake on the steering wheel doesn't come out far enough so my seat is further forward than it should be for me to get a good steering wheel distance.

Do you sit with the seat back laid back? If yes then that would limit your options regarding wheel reach and rake.

I prefer to sit much more upright and so have no problems with reach and rake. :)

(For comparison ... I'm 5'10" with a 31" inside leg ... and stop that tittering at the back!) 😂

Do you sit with the seat back laid back? If yes then that would limit your options regarding wheel reach and rake.

I prefer to sit much more upright and so have no problems with reach and rake. :)

(For comparison ... I'm 5'10" with a 31" inside leg ... and stop that tittering at the back!) 😂
I'm 6'2" with 34" inside leg. I do prefer a more recumbent than upright backrest so I feel my whole back is evenly cradled & supported but it's by no means laid back like a sun lounger. With the lack of adjustable lumbar support I feel scrunched up and find if it's too uptight it feels like the support is concentrated higher up rather than feeling like my whole back is being supported. I had a similar but not as noticeable driving position in my Mazda 3 but it has a good adjustable lumbar support and I also fitted a 40mm steering wheel spacer. It doesn't sound like much but that 40mm transformed my driving position and comfort.

Hi
No I sit up like a racing driver. 😝

I've just ordered a couple of different car seat lumber supports, they're from Amazon which means it's easy to send back if they're rubbish. I've tried searching for anything sold on AliExpress etc for something that attaches to the floating centre console but no luck. I didn't wanna stick a random bit of foam to it if avoidable as it'll be butt ugly!

Yes, I found my knee naturally falling onto the sharp edge of the centre bit.
I’m positive I saw someone selling pads, maybe the usual Aliexpress type place.

Yes, I found my knee naturally falling onto the sharp edge of the centre bit.
I’m positive I saw someone selling pads, maybe the usual Aliexpress type place.
I tried various searches of terms on AliExpress using mg4 and mg Mulan but couldn't find anything, I'll have another scout tonight in work

What you need are knee pads. ;)

KneeSliders-MOTORESS_ft.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums