SoS Button and error message

kierend

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi everyone I have had my mg5 for a few days all generally ok.

But when I jumped in the car this evening a message came up on the dash "check sos call button" or words to that effect..
And a phone symbol came up on the lower part of the dash.

I'm confused, didn't think that device was fitted in the UK model of the car .... Any advice welcome

Hi,
I have had that a few times just poor signal.
You can download the manual as it does have some bits in there about the three 'park' modes which is helpful.
Try and fast or 'granny' charge once a month.
I only rapid charge to 80-85% seems to work out ok for me as the last bit take a little longer.
Enjoy your new car.

Had a similar event on my MG5, but message said "e-SOS fault" or something similar. The yellow LED next to the SOS pushbutton also lit up while the error message was visible.
After a few minutes it all disappeared, so I assumed it was a mobile signal that was poor. Not happened since. Hope I was correct.

I have started getting the sos fault message the last week or so.
It's always at the same set of traffic lights so i assume it's a signal issue like mentioned above.

It is some type of traffic light sensor coils under the road that interferes with the signal to the SOS network. It depends on how you are positioned over the coil and if there is already a weak signal in that area. When they designed the light sensors they had no clue cars would start communicating. Also car manufacturers haven’t made allowance for every EM situation the car may encounter.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom