Spare Wheel (space saver) for MG4 64Essence Western Australia

woody1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi
I'm in WA and have a MG4 64 Essence. Because of distances between country town's here I am reluctant to take it out of the Metro area without a spare.
My question is has anyone sourced a space saver that will fit? I have seen a MG4 EV Space Saver Spare Wheel - Braumach Spare Wheel Kit - 2023-2024 for sale at about $720.00 Has anyone purchased one of these and actually fitted it to see if it fits?
There has been some talk of VW Golf MK5 MK6 MK7 Space Saver Spare Wheel 18 x 3.5 that fits. Anybody tried that?
Any other suggestions welcomed. If this has been asked before, my apologies

Yeah there has been talk of the vw fitting.

I have one in my garage that i havnt tried yet. At around £60 on ebay second hand its a much cheaper option than a dedicated overpriced aftermarket wheel.

One of the issues is the boot is so small it will take up a lot of space.

Another issue is space savers, like regular tyres, have a use by date. I have a MkV Golf TDI, so it's on my list to check the space saver compatibility one day but the tyre itself will be well past its use by date and should be replaced.

I also believe the space saver wheel/tyre for MG ZS fits the MG4 but I don't know for certain.

Unfortunately, space savers won't fit under the rear compartment floor without modification to raise the floor.

This trend to not provide spares for vehicles in Australia is really pretty bloody annoying given the distances between service locations. My last car had run flats but you were not supposed to travel very far if one tyre had an issue because the different rolling diameter could damage the drivetrain (it was an all wheel drive car).

Yes, in Australia its a pain. Thanks for the responses so far. May check out the ZS space saver angle.

Yeah there has been talk of the vw fitting.

I have one in my garage that i havnt tried yet. At around £60 on ebay second hand its a much cheaper option than a dedicated overpriced aftermarket wheel.

One of the issues is the boot is so small it will take up a lot of space.
Yes, i dont intend to carry it around in general, only when I go for a drive or holiday outside the metro area, which for us is not that often.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back