Speakers!?

That’s a pretty big omission for ANY car I would say. I dont have kids, but if I did I would be really miffed by that.

We have a range of issues with the brand new car since collection on Tuesday, its going back in to be looked at but only by the local dealer, not by MG. To what extent these issues are resolved will determine if buyers remorse is setting in…

That’s a pretty big omission for ANY car I would say. I dont have kids, but if I did I would be really miffed by that.

We have a range of issues with the brand new car since collection on Tuesday, its going back in to be looked at but only by the local dealer, not by MG. To what extent these issues are resolved will determine if buyers remorse is setting in…
MG have to keep the costs down somehow

Surely a visual check would have told you this?
Did you not look at the spec sheet before buying either?

Surely a visual check would have told you this?

A visual check was performed, and visibly there are panels with the small holes across it which would indicate the presence of a speaker.

Spec sheet not checked, but ive never come across a car without rear speakers. Are you saying the spec sheet mentions ommission of rear speakers? Spec sheets usually only detail what IS included. Perhaps you could argue an oversight on my part, as the saying goes assume makes an ‘ass of u and me’

Last edited:
Well, the spec sheet tells you the SE has four speakers (vs. the Trophy's six), but it does not tell you, where they are. ;-) Since the door cards are the same the presence of the mounting locations is misleading indeed.

I ordered my SE SR 9 months ago (and collected it 7 months ago). I knew when ordering that there were no rear speakers (it's called research). ;)

That said - kids tend to have their faces buried in their phones, with headphones on, so lack of rear speakers isn't really an issue. :)

I knew about the absence of the rear speakers when I bought the car - I think it must have been mentioned in a YouTube review. I watched a lot of YouTube reviews of that car. I also knew it didn't have a rear cabin light or a pull-down elbow rest.

I hardly ever take back-seat passengers, let alone after dark, and if I do nobody is caring about the sound system, which is off so people can chat.

The Cupra born is the same. Even in top V3 trim ~£40k+ you need to specify the Beats Audio option if you want rear speakers.

Crazy IMO.

Could you use a bluetooth speaker run off the rear usb socket for power, connect via bluetooth to the infotainment screen. There are some good/ high quality speakers around and would it be possible if it had a usb socket for a flashdrive to reverse the process , so your recorded music played on the speaker is relayed to the cars speakers and controlled via the steering wheel buttons as I would with my Phone to Speaker? I,m totally guessing but it could be a workaround.
It would also be quickly removeable and useable outside the car. (within bluetooth range) using its internal battery.

There'll be a delay between the car speakers and the BT speakers - whether that would be irritating I don't know.

The Cupra born is the same. Even in top V3 trim ~£40k+ you need to specify the Beats Audio option if you want rear speakers.

Crazy IMO.
The born comes with 5 speakers as standard, are none of them in the back?

Interior​

Five seats configured 2+3

Five speakers

Audio system with touch screen ; radio receives AM/FM, digital and RDS colour screen, 0 and audio player reads MP3

Steering wheel mounted remote audio controls

The beats audio system has 9 speakers and a 395 watt amplifier

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums