Squeaky folding door mirrors

ok86

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I noticed when unlocking the car the auto fold mirrors on my 2023 MG4 (updated version) had squeaky side mirrors. Following the advice on the MG5 thread Creaking door mirrors MG5 LR exclusive I gave them a spray with some PTFE lubricant and it seems to have fixed the problem. I made a video for anyone who is unsure about how to fix this issue:

Probably due to sitting at the dock for a few weeks or not being properly lubricated at the factory or the very wet British summer. I've only had a the car a week, absolutely loving it but it does have a few niggles.

I noticed when unlocking the car the auto fold mirrors on my 2023 MG4 (updated version) had squeaky side mirrors. Following the advice on the MG5 thread Creaking door mirrors MG5 LR exclusive I gave them a spray with some PTFE lubricant and it seems to have fixed the problem. I made a video for anyone who is unsure about how to fix this issue:

Probably due to sitting at the dock for a few weeks or not being properly lubricated at the factory or the very wet British summer. I've only had a the car a week, absolutely loving it but it does have a few niggles.

A good alternative to the PTFE spray is the WD40 white lithium grease spray.
A lot of manufactures use this type of product on door hinges / check straps and door locking mechanisms etc.
Screwfix generally stock this item.

IMG_0557.jpeg

A good alternative to the PTFE spray is the WD40 white lithium grease spray.
A lot of manufactures use this type of product on door hinges / check straps and door locking mechanisms etc.
Screwfix generally stock this item.

View attachment 19589
Thanks i'll give that a go if the problem comes back, I did look into this but didn't want white residue over the shiny back plastic. Will use that on door hinges and latches, winter maintenance job.

1692027939473.png

This is the one I was going to buy but went with GT85 instead.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back