Steering wheel message.

SMc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi, hubby was on his way out to work when a steering wheel message said "Steering wheel not straight" and the car in neutral, he said the wheel was straight, phoned the MG dealer and they said ring AA assist. I went on YouTube tube, said to reboot via home button and hubby also connected the charger, done the trick, it started but is this a common problem?

I just hope it's not a regular occurance, hubby said steering wheel was straight and was in neutral. Only had the car since last October...

Pedant. Done now.

I've only seen this when I have actually parked with the wheels turned quite far, but given the times the car throws up spurious messages ("Low ambient temperature, turn on battery heating?" said when it's 17C out, anyone?) I suspect this is just another one to ignore.

Pedant. Done now.

I've only seen this when I have actually parked with the wheels turned quite far, but given the times the car throws up spurious messages ("Low ambient temperature, turn on battery heating?" said when it's 17C out, anyone?) I suspect this is just another one to ignore.
Luckily after a reboot and connecting the charger though it didn't need charging the car started, I just hope it doesn't happen again.

I've had this when I parked with wheels not straight. I've also had put hands on steering wheel. Ignore it ...

I think I got a momentary "regenerative braking performance reduced" message this evening when the car was on 91%. I think sometimes one of these warning messages comes on in error and the car goes "oops" and cancels it before you quite see it.

It's a badly worded warning that the wheels aren't pointing straight ahead although the steering wheel might look as if it is and the car won't go in a straight line when you start to move. Ignore it and carry on as normal.

I think I got a momentary "regenerative braking performance reduced" message this evening when the car was on 91%. I think sometimes one of these warning messages comes on in error and the car goes "oops" and cancels it before you quite see it.
That warning also comes up when the HV battery is cold as too much regen can put too much energy into the battery, so the BMS is restricting regen like it would restrict rapid charging

That warning also comes up when the HV battery is cold as too much regen can put too much energy into the battery, so the BMS is restricting regen like it would restrict rapid charging
Agreed. I've seen the message a few times lately when using the car after it has been sitting idle for quite some time in cold temps.

That's interesting, that would probably explain it. Although the warning was almost too quick to see.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back