Storage

dawson2099

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Has anyone come across a means of storing cables in particular, under the bonnet? I can fit them in but concerned about them moving when driving.

I use a large strong bag which I bought for less than £1 from Home Bargains. It’s similar to an IKEA bag but cheaper and a bit smaller. It allows you to spread the cable wider which stops it sliding about.

Has anyone come across a means of storing cables in particular, under the bonnet? I can fit them in but concerned about them moving when driving.
I’ve just got mine in the boot. For convenience it’s easy to get to when charging and there is still loads of space in there.

There are a couple of frunk options. There's one from Ireland currently available. And another which isn't quite finished yet from Austria. I'm waiting to see the finished Austrian one then might get one.

I just chuck the type 2 cable, in its bag, on top of the plastic tray, and shut the bonnet on it. I think only once the bonnet didn't shut and I had to readjust the position of the bag slightly. I don't think it's moving around.

I just chuck the type 2 cable, in its bag, on top of the plastic tray, and shut the bonnet on it. I think only once the bonnet didn't shut and I had to readjust the position of the bag slightly. I don't think it's moving around.
Ditto - and mine's just in the polythene bag it came in. :)

I watched a YouTube video where the presenter did just that, and she was absolutely right.

I saw others who opened the bonnet and said, no, nowhere to put your cable, that's not good. But they didn't try. There's no specifically moulded place, but the room is there.

If you're worried about it moving you could use a couple of bungee cords or a small cargo net to fasten it down.

No problems with storage on the Trophy, granny , type 2 , and 15m extension all under the floor.

Attachments

• IMG_20230610_163313_1.jpg
    IMG_20230610_163313_1.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20230610_163325_1.jpg
    IMG_20230610_163325_1.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 106
I always liked a flat floor, it was one of the things that sold me on my original Fiesta, but having said that I like the extra boot capacity of the lower floor in the SE.

Great until the boot is full and you need to charge!
The only times my boot is full is when I go shopping or on holiday. Don't charge at Supermarkets and on holiday would more likely be using DC charging so never been an issue. I like my boot to be tidy (empty). It's the OCD in me . 😂

There are a couple of frunk options. There's one from Ireland currently available. And another which isn't quite finished yet from Austria. I'm waiting to see the finished Austrian one then might get one.
I've just found out about the Austrian option, and looks considerably better than the other option, at least in it's early prototype stage. Fingers crossed it's well priced too!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back