Strange warning message

billdunstew

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I was driving down the A34 with CC set at 60, one passenger and a fairly heavy boot load - going on holiday. For no apparent reason I got the chime warning and a message "Please hold wheel", never seen this before - or since. There were several repeated warnings, eventually it came up in red. Then disappeared completely, never seen it before or since. I was holding the wheel at the twenty past eight position rather than the recommended ten to two.
Anyone else seen this warning, are there sensors embedded in the steering wheel?

Hi,

It’s nothing to worry about, it comes up all the time at ours when using the MG Pilot function.
In a way it’s a good thing as it shows you have a light touch to the steering wheel.

Not sure if it’s weight sensors or reacting to force applied to the steering wheel.

Resistance sensors. You've got it in pilot and it cant sense you've got a grip of the wheel. The car is not certified (or capable) of self drive, and will remind you of this in increasing frequency.

I was driving down the A34 with CC set at 60, one passenger and a fairly heavy boot load - going on holiday. For no apparent reason I got the chime warning and a message "Please hold wheel", never seen this before - or since. There were several repeated warnings, eventually it came up in red. Then disappeared completely, never seen it before or since. I was holding the wheel at the twenty past eight position rather than the recommended ten to two.
Anyone else seen this warning, are there sensors embedded in the steering wheel?
You will get that when you have activated MG Pilot, you won't get that message when just in ACC... or at least that's how mine works.

Had that a couple of times when using MG pilot, I guess I wasn't giving enough input to the wheel for it's liking as I was very much holding it.

seen many times but always when holding the wheel. crap software full of bugs,

seen many times but always when holding the wheel. crap software full of bugs,
I don't think it's a bug, I think it's just how the sensors have been calibrated, it will wobble the wheel and if you don't resist it hard enough it will prompt.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom