Stuck in Bristol

jasonufc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi everyone,
My dealer was expecting to handover my black trophy by today but I was told on Monday it’s currently stuck at Bristol. I have later found out on the mg Facebook group. this is due to a software update and I am one of 3 cars out of 20 my dealer doesn’t have yet. Can anyone in a similar situation give a timeframe of when I should expect the car, maybe your dealer has more information than mine?
Thanks

I’ve been speaking to someone else in Sunderland and theirs turned up today after what sounds like a similar issue.

I read that the software update is done by the dealer, so I don't know hy it hasn't left Bristol.

I guess I fall into a similar category - "tbd" , as back in August my dealer told me the car will be delivered in September. We spoke earlier this week and the latest info I was told there are alot of cars at the port to be sorted through. I just wonder how some of the fellow members have got their cars already. Whatever the reason is, clearly from the organisational point of view this has not been well planned.

I guess I fall into a similar category - "tbd" , as back in August my dealer told me the car will be delivered in September. We spoke earlier this week and the latest info I was told there are alot of cars at the port to be sorted through. I just wonder how some of the fellow members have got their cars already. Whatever the reason is, clearly from the organisational point of view this has not been well planned.
It’s frustrating but if it’s in the country I am hoping it will be a week or so

Here’s an interesting video explaining about the shipment of MG4s from China. The cameraman seems to have a short attention span though. I think he’s more interested in the cars than the interview. 😅

I’m actually pleased to see this post as my allocated car has not arrived as promised to my dealer - quoting software delay - but no detail as to when it will arrive - other than ‘October’.
Is yours a trophy as well?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel