Sudden Stop - Ongoing

An update on the 'sudden stop' situation from the dealership - 'The vehicle is still in our workshop, but the fault has now been diagnosed. Once the part arrives it will have a new Power electric Box which controls power for the hi voltage battery to the motor'.
This has so far taken four and half weeks plus however long the part now takes to arrive.
Can only imagine this is not a common fault (a one off?) so the lack of input/comment from MG direct is a little worrying.

Sounds like they don't really know what it is, so changing the Power Electronics Box probably changes most of the cars computers!

I had the same issue, but now I've just got my ZS LR back from the dealership/workshop. They have done a software upgrade and now it seems fine... I also had the "Maintain vehicle Soon" error message, it has not reappeared after the update/upgrade.

I had the same issue, but now I've just got my ZS LR back from the dealership/workshop. They have done a software upgrade and now it seems fine... I also had the "Maintain vehicle Soon" error message, it has not reappeared after the update/upgrade.
I presume there's no written/invoice trace of exactly what update they say they did?

No, of course not... The only told me that it was called "The M22 update" 🤷‍♂️
I've tried several times to get all the workshop visits in written/on paper, but they say it i don't need it as it is "stored in their system" 🤦‍♂️
I must say that i am very satisfied with the car itselves, despite it having some kind of nips and naps, here and there... But the dealer/workshop is a total disaster. I would not recommend this car to anyone, just because of them. In general i don't care how shitty or great a product is, as long as the support and service is great. So, i'm glad i have the extra support/service agreement on this car, or else i would be utterly buttf**d🤭

This exact same thing happened to me today, and now I’m very nervous to drive it again. It was a sudden, jarring stop completely out of the blue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom