Suitability for wheelchair users

DaveC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I’ve been considering the MG4, 5 and ZS with a view to my next car and, I must admit that just going off of dimensions I thought the MG4 might be too small.
This week I visited the great Chorley MG dealer in Burnley and they were so helpful letting me view all the models and even placing my wheelchair into the boot to see what will work.
The pleasant surprise for me is that in fact the MG4 boot space is pretty much perfect. I also think that ( for when travelling alone as a wheelchair user and packing the dismantled wheelchair frame onto the passenger seat) the central console in the MG4 is less intrusive than the equivalent consoles on the ZS and 5.
I hope this post is helpful to other chair users considering the MG4.
3E4288C9-4DA2-4D4C-B065-D013D0EAE4E7.jpeg

I’ve been considering the MG4, 5 and ZS with a view to my next car and, I must admit that just going off of dimensions I thought the MG4 might be too small.
This week I visited the great Chorley MG dealer in Burnley and they were so helpful letting me view all the models and even placing my wheelchair into the boot to see what will work.
The pleasant surprise for me is that in fact the MG4 boot space is pretty much perfect. I also think that ( for when travelling alone as a wheelchair user and packing the dismantled wheelchair frame onto the passenger seat) the central console in the MG4 is less intrusive than the equivalent consoles on the ZS and 5.
I hope this post is helpful to other chair users considering the MG4.
View attachment 13695
That’s good info. My wife has a wheelchair and although I had measured the boot space it is good to see an actual picture.

Hers folds up in a different way but I can see that it will definitely fit.

I use a mobility scooter and have a hoist fitted so it is easy to load into my ZS. I do have to take the seat off of the scooter and need to have part of the back seat of the car folded down.

Dave

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel