Supplied charging cable\s for the ZS

I will be receiving my SR ZS Trophy next week through Motability.

What cables should I expect to be receiving from the dealer?

Depends on the dealer, only the granny charger comes as standard. I negotiated mats and a type 2 cable when I ordered my car.

I remember reading the same but I couldn't find that thread. The reason of me asking is that if indeed both cables are supplied, I could show the posts to the dealer if it came to that.

Have you seen this

Any help?

This is weird... The app will not scan the car but it knows that the car is parked. It shows this on the Remote control screen.

Also, if I tap on the central lock, it will unlock the car, and the wing mirrors open up.

If it is your first EV you will receive a free charger and cable installed courtesy of Motability. You can choose either tethered or untethered charger. If you choose untethered you receive a type 2 cable.

If it is your first EV you will receive a free charger and cable installed courtesy of Motability. You can choose either tethered or untethered charger. If you choose untethered you receive a type 2 cable.
I chose the Easee One Charger as it can be used tethered and untethered, and because I don't use the car for long drives, there is a need to charge often, so I prefer removing the cable until needed.

I have now collected the car and it came with both Type 2 and Granny charger cables. 😁👍

Hi,
When we collected our MG ZS last year, we got both cables. I think it depends on the dealership. (Ours is a Motability vehicle)

I chose the Easee One Charger as it can be used tethered and untethered, and because I don't use the car for long drives, there is a need to charge often, so I prefer removing the cable until needed.

I have now collected the car and it came with both Type 2 and Granny charger cables. 😁👍
Wow …. I was not aware that you could get a tethered and and untethered option in the same unit !.
That IS a clever idea 💡.
Many people opt for a tethered unit at their home address and then leave the type 2 cable in the boot.
Then you have both bases covered.
I figure if you have a untethered wall box and you are mostly charging from home, the risk you run, is setting off on a longer trip one day and find due to a diversion etc, that you need a quick unscheduled top up to get you home.
Now where is that cable I had ?.
Dooh …… I forgot to bring it 😪.
It gets really tiresome putting the cable in and out of the car every single time you use it and especially in the bad weather.
Well done Eassee One !.

Wow …. I was not aware that you could get a tethered and and untethered option in the same unit !.
That IS a clever idea 💡.
Many people opt for a tethered unit at their home address and then leave the type 2 cable in the boot.
Then you have both bases covered.
I figure if you have a untethered wall box and you are mostly charging from home, the risk you run, is setting off on a longer trip one day and find due to a diversion etc, that you need a quick unscheduled top up to get you home.
Now where is that cable I had ?.
Dooh …… I forgot to bring it 😪.
It gets really tiresome putting the cable in and out of the car every single time you use it and especially in the bad weather.
Well done Eassee One !.
The cable supplied by Easee One can be left plugged on the wall robot and will be locked in.

The company asked me what length I required. Future proofing in case my wife gets an EV, I asked for a longer 7.5m one. This will be reaching to a possible second EV. The cable is quite eavy to handle, so, the shorter 5m supplied by MG is very welcome!😁👍

This will remain in the car and used as default. If I am going on longer journeys I will swap it for the longer one, incase of parking and access issues.

I asked Motability if I could change the offered home charger to the Easee One and they said yes.

The cable supplied by Easee One can be left plugged on the wall robot and will be locked in.

The company asked me what length I required. Future proofing in case my wife gets an EV, I asked for a longer 7.5m one. This will be reaching to a possible second EV. The cable is quite eavy to handle, so, the shorter 5m supplied by MG is very welcome!😁👍

This will remain in the car and used as default. If I am going on longer journeys I will swap it for the longer one, incase of parking and access issues.

I asked Motability if I could change the offered home charger to the Easee One and they said yes.
Arahhhhh ….. it’s not a full dual unit then ?.
I gave them too much credit then sorry 🤣.
A quick look at the site ( should have looked before 😪 ).
If I now understand it correctly, it’s merely an untethered wall box really, that you can then lock 🔒 in the untethered cable for security reasons due to the possibility of theft etc.
Having no cable wrapped around the wall box does make it look neat and tidy if the wall box is on the front of your house I guess ?.
But if they offer the provision to lock in the cable, then I guess they expect you will be leaving looped around the unit ?.
Then looking the same as a tethered unit.
It’s locked in the unit anyway when the car is charging of course.

It's a single point charger but with the option to use different lengths cables if you wish.

Yes, my charger is located at the front of my home, inside the porch.

The postman once thought it was a mail box! 😂

Others visiting have asked me where is it located... They never took notice of it when ringing the bell.
That, I like. 😃

Tha is the long 7.5m cable I mentioned earlier.

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_125438.jpg
    IMG_20230623_125438.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220726_110612.jpg
    IMG_20220726_110612.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220726_110246.jpg
    IMG_20220726_110246.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 61
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video