Supplied charging cable\s for the ZS

Thanks for your input but I would like to hear from motability users as it may be different from private users.
I am a Motability customer and picked up my ZS LR at the end of March (ordered it January 2022). It came with a granny cable and a Type 2/CCS changing cable - allowing my to charge at fast and rapid public charging ports.

I am a Motability customer and picked up my ZS LR at the end of March (ordered it January 2022). It came with a granny cable and a Type 2/CCS changing cable - allowing my to charge at fast and rapid public charging ports.
Hi, you would not have been supplied a CCS cable for a rapid charger.
It would have been a 32A type2 to type2 signal phase cable for fast EVSE units.

Hi, you would not have been supplied a CCS cable for a rapid charger.
It would have been a 32A type2 to type2 signal phase cable for fast EVSE units.
Is that what this is? In that case, I was misinformed as to the name, cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_1112.PNG
    IMG_1112.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
The CCS includes the two other pins under the second rubber bung for DC rapid current.
If it was 3 phase then the L2 and L3 pins on the type2 would be populated.

Is that what this is? In that case, I was misinformed as to the name, cheers.
In the top photo is what the pins look like in the common Type 2 lead that you already have.
In the bottom photo is the much larger and heavier CCS rapid charger pin arrangement, you can clearly see the two additional larger pins under the normal type 2 pin arrangement.
These two heavy pins are utilised when when using the D/C rapid charging units.
Simply, the larger pins allow faster charge times.

IMG_0234.jpeg

In the top photo is what the pins look like in the common Type 2 lead that you already have.
In the bottom photo is the much larger and heavier CCS rapid charger pin arrangement, you can clearly see the two additional larger pins under the normal type 2 pin arrangement.
These two heavy pins are utilised when when using the D/C rapid charging units.
Simply, the larger pins allow faster charge times.

View attachment 18541
Thanks for that - still learning!! So with the charging cable I have, what is the max I should be charging at - 22kw or 50kw?

32A you will need it for all AC chargers which will typically be 7,11 or 22Kw all of which are really only effective over long charging periods. Supermarkets and alike offer/provide them to give the impression there are doing something for the environment, but unless you can charge for a number of hours ,( at work, or over night at home) they are only really any good for emergencies.

32A you will need it for all AC chargers which will typically be 7,11 or 22Kw all of which are really only effective over long charging periods. Supermarkets and alike offer/provide them to give the impression there are doing something for the environment, but unless you can charge for a number of hours ,( at work, or over night at home) they are only really any good for emergencies.
Thanks for that - still learning!! So with the charging cable I have, what is the max I should be charging at - 22kw or 50kw
Thanks for that - still learning!! So with the charging cable I have, what is the max I should be charging at - 22kw or 50kw?
I should've said - the pic I posted was the cable I was supplied with. If I use the cable from the charging site, I can get the CCS charging

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom