Surprised by the cost of the 4th service !

Cirprocon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and haven't ordered the car as of yet. Had a chat with the dealer and they are offering 3 years free servicing with the fourth being around £370 ish. I assumed rightly or wrongly that EV's were always cheaper than petrol and diesel. I have no experience with EV's but I do want to make the change.

From what I read in a Dutch forum, a person was told by the dealer/importer that there is only one type of servicing. That is every 20.000km or every year, whatever comes first, and always costs €125,-, including software updates. That is a very different price!

The current deal is a free wall charger, 3 years free servicing and a type 2 cable. I cant remember the exact price of year one, two and three but ultimately they covered the cost of the fourth service according to the dealer.

I spoke to the dealer over the services and the fourth Year service requires a coolant change for the battery hence an increased cost.

Hi, new to the forum and haven't ordered the car as of yet. Had a chat with the dealer and they are offering 3 years free servicing with the fourth being around £370 ish. I assumed rightly or wrongly that EV's were always cheaper than petrol and diesel. I have no experience with EV's but I do want to make the change.
My dealer said the first two services take less than an hour and only cost £80 /90 each. The third year costs the most as they have to replace the cooling liquid in the battery.

Don’t be alarmed, this cost illustration is just to scare you into taking up the service plan. I was shown the same paperwork when I bought my MG. As mentioned above there is very little to do during a routine service, brake fluid, coolant and pollen filter plus a check over. Any additional work IE brake pads is always chargeable.

Still I'm quite surprised at the cost of the 4th service, seems a large increase in cost just to replace the battery coolant but perhaps there is more to it. Dealer didn't offer a service plan, just that you get the first 3 years for free.

I didn’t take up the option as I believed the quoted service costs were exaggerated.
Anyhow who’s to say I’ll still have the car at four years old.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom