Swapping from LR to SR

Shanecb

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all,
So, I ordered a LRTC in black in March and still no joy, but the dealer has offered me a cancelled LRTC in blue. Not sure I'll go for it because of not really liking the colour (sad I know...).

He did say he had a couple of SR as cancelled orders he was looking to fulfill others with and I could select one of these.

Anyway, other than the obvious 70 odd miles. Any other pros or cons to taking SR?

Also, I ordered on the Affinity scheme and will be confirming that I would pay the SR price as of March and not today's Affinity SR price. Does anyone know what the Affinity prices were as of March? I know I'm paying £30214.73 for the LRTC on Affinity from the March price.

Thanks in advance.

Some minor quick ideas:

• SR las an iron phosphate battery, LR has a regular LiIon (not sure if mangan/cobalt) one.
    • iron phosphate batteries should be more durable, can be loaded to 100% every time without degradation, develop less heat but (at least on the ZS) charge a bit slower, and since they run colder get even slower charging in the winter.
  • I would think that you would only have a disadvantage on daily trips between 200-250 miles, where the SR will need recharging. Maybe if you cannot charge at home, you might have a problem with getting your car charged more often on public infrastructure.
  • On long trips, you might need a few more charging stops, but total charging time should remain more or less the same. If this is an important use case for you, you might want to testdrive it, have seen very little information about charging curves for the SR, only the LR...

As SR owner I had no issues sure longer range is always better but I hardly ever needed it. Range of the car gives you about 2.5h to 3h of constant driving on A-road because you hardly ever do consistent 70mph. I tend to stop elaround that time anyway. When I'm driving with kids I need to plan stop every 2 hours otherwise I take a risk of just strangling them with constant "are we there yet?" :)

On day to day drive you don't see a difference my commute is now about 20 miles each way. My work is next to tesco car park. On last 2 hours of my day I plug it there and drive to work effectively for free :)

Thank you both. I must say, my use cases are very similar and daily charging to 100% does reduce the impact. I would only tend to lose out on the rare longer journeys and like @Maciej would complete a sanity stop with the kids anyway, so feeling ok with swapping out.

Now to confirm the Affinity pricing as of March. I stupidly deleted my pricing once I had put the LR order in.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom