Tall people and mg4

chrismg4

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
thinking of getting an mg4 I’m 6’2 and winding what problems (in any) people had with hitting their knee on the floating middle section and any advice to combat this

I'm 6'2 with long legs and arms and I don't have to have the seat all the way beck and my left knee doesn't hit the centre binnacle at all. Loads of headroom too.

6'5" but relatively short legs 31" inside leg and a long body. I was worried about the floating shelf but found it easy to get a seating position with my knee away from it. Seat fully lowered, most of the way back and raked slightly back. The steering wheel is right up, and pulled a long way out. 1,500 miles, very comfy with lots of headroom.
Only way to prove it, get a test drive.

Edit. My teenage daughter says that there's more room behind my seat for her than a previous BMW 5 series.

When I test drove the SE SR I had a tendency to rest my knee against the console, and this was perfectly fine for me. (I tend to rest my leg against the tunnel/console in my current Insignia, and did likewise in my previous Golf. It's just the way I like to sit). :)

thinking of getting an mg4 I’m 6’2 and winding what problems (in any) people had with hitting their knee on the floating middle section and any advice to combat this
Whilst I've not driven the MG4, I did struggle with my knee hitting the floating middle console. I'm sure I could adapt my position though to negate that. My biggest issue was even with the seat in it's lowest position it was way too high, for me personally it was like driving a van as I do like a low driving position. I'm also 6' 2"

Whilst I've not driven the MG4, I did struggle with my knee hitting the floating middle console. I'm sure I could adapt my position though to negate that. My biggest issue was even with the seat in it's lowest position, for me personally it was like driving a van as I do like a low driving position. I'm also 6' 2"
You'll generally ride higher up in an EV due to the battery in the floor. On my test drive I did hit the middle console (I am 6' 1" and long legged), however there was a lot of adjustment in the seat and wheel so I am confident I could find a comfortable position. If not, some kind of knee pad will sort me out!

Yeah that makes sense. Guess I'd be the same in a Cupra Born, although I've not sat in one of those. I have been told rightly or wrongly that you can sit low in a Tesla Model 3?

I'm 6ft 9inches tall and was amazed at the space in the MG 4, admittedly I had the seat fully back and down, more room than my MG 5. Ordered a Trophy in red, I will be removing the foot rest though as it's too high for me. My inside leg is 36 inches and the floating console was not a problem during my test drive.

6ft 7" here (I bow to our 6ft 9" giant above!). I found the car very comfortable on the test drive. Head room was good, and I found my left leg slotted in nicely.

I was worried beforehand about bashing my knee on the island but it just didn't really happen somehow.

6ft 7" here (I bow to our 6ft 9" giant above!). I found the car very comfortable on the test drive. Head room was good, and I found my left leg slotted in nicely.

I was worried beforehand about bashing my knee on the island but it just didn't really happen somehow.
Why? You don't need to - he needs to bow to see us. ;)

The Tesla M3 does sit you lower than an MG4, but there's no foot or legroom in the back. It's not really in the same market though.
That would work then for me. I don't carry passengers very often so room in the back isn't a concern for me. Good old Dad who's an occasional passenger can't sit behind my seat now. Shame I've not got £50k spare haha. If had it wouldn't be spent on a Tesla or any car of that value that is for sure lol.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back