Temperature settings on Auto A/C

seasidersrus27

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there everybody. I've had my trophy for a couple of months and I'm finding that the temperature setting on auto a/c seems way off eg 23°C setting feels more like 19°C in car at steady state. I've seen some references to this in other posts. Has anybody had this checked out by a dealer. Is it a calibration issue or software?

Mine's set to 27°C Auto normally.
I preheat at "HIGH" setting as the 10 minutes it runs for doesn't get the car warm if set lower.
I did a double preheat yesterday, High heat, both heated seats on, ran for 10 minutes then ran it again when it stopped. The car was well toasty. ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
I go for 28°C usually, but on sunny days I have to turn that down even if it's cold outside. I agree, it's not worth running the pre-heat unless you do it at HI. Which uses 2% of the battery in 10 minutes!

Hi there everybody. I've had my trophy for a couple of months and I'm finding that the temperature setting on auto a/c seems way off eg 23°C setting feels more like 19°C in car at steady state. I've seen some references to this in other posts. Has anybody had this checked out by a dealer. Is it a calibration issue or software?
I have the same issue. Nissan Leaf wasn’t like it so not because it’s a heat pump then…

Thanks everybody for replying. Just set my a/c at 25°C and now basking in a warm car at last.....just in time to see the range drop off for the colder weather 😉

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back