Tesla Chargers - positive experience

Tig170

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just done a 2000 mile round trip via scotland almost via the North Coast 500 route (mainly via all the norths / scotlands Tesla chargers, open to all!), and was at Trentham (Stoke) V4 supercharger (on an other trip via liverpool) - and it appears that I've upset a tesla driver (with their slick overtake)- who was behind me pulling away from the V4 bay (1st 30 seconds)

Last edited:
I refuse to use anything else if I can possibly help it👍
Screenshot_20240214_192944_Tesla.jpg

Same here (as above) - you do get a few though that say you cant park (charge) here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

their is a longer version somewhere, his wife in stuck in the pasanger seat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Even with membership my cheapest rate is 39ppkw at the moment.
... but way cheaper than any of the others, if you're on a long trip, and very rarely do you have to queue, and it just works via the app every time without fail in our case (although I regularly find the charge holster on the ground, as it doesn't defy gravity just yet )

... but way cheaper than any of the others, if you're on a long trip, and very rarely do you have to queue, and it just works via the app every time without fail in our case (although I regularly find the charge holseter on the ground, as it doesn't defy gravity just yet )
Agreed.
I can't charge at home (off grid) and If hadn't been for the Tesla Chargers local to me, I would have thought twice about going fully electric.
My first fully electric car was a Tesla M3 so it was a no brainer to continue with them.
I have a Fast Charger closer to me but at 79ppkw they can take a run and jump!

Agreed.
I can't charge at home (off grid) and If hadn't been for the Tesla Chargers local to me, I would have thought twice about going fully electric.
My first fully electric car was a Tesla M3 so it was a no brainer to continue with them.
I have a Fast Charger closer to me but at 79ppkw they can take a run and jump!
Wow your an EV pioneer - how does an Tesla M3 to a MG4 X Power relate? - I'm lucky in that I'm on a historical tarrif via EDF, so 95% of the time its 4.5p /Kwh (with a small amount of home battery to get us through the day on cheap rate)

Just done a 2000 mile round trip via scotland almost via the North Coast 500 route (mainly via all the norths / scotlands Tesla chargers, open to all!), and was at Trentham (Stoke) V4 supercharger (on an other trip via liverpool) - and it appears that I've upset a tesla driver (with their slick overtake)- who was behind me pulling away from the V4 bay (1st 30 seconds)

You could have popped in to visit @QLeo - he lives up that way!

Wow your an EV pioneer - how does an Tesla M3 to a MG4 X Power relate? - I'm lucky in that I'm on a historical tarrif via EDF, so 95% of the time its 4.5p /Kwh (with a small amount of home battery to get us through the day on cheap rate)
They both drive really, really well.
I was fascinated with the self driving capability.
It really is Science Fiction come fact.

I used to have a bean bag sit on the bottom of the wheel (to simulate me holding it) and the car would happily drive without intervention.
35 miles to where I used to work.
I only took over at the roundabouts.

My car had only the very basic self driving package, but it was still mind blowing!

I very much liked the interface and security system.

I sold it because I hated the glass roof, the wipers and as mine was a 69 plate model 3, the build quality wasn't great.

Just one example was if you put up the rear window, the door would move 2mm downwards!

I love the company and its nutcase boss, and wouldn't rule out another Tesla product in the future.

The X Power is in a different league IMO, and far better suited to my lifestyle and what I want out of a Performance Car.

NB My Tesla was just the rear motor model. No slouch at 6.1 to 60.

20220601_124843.jpg

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums