Tesla Superchargers free to all today

I'll be passing a Tesla-only one this evening, but if they're not extending it to non-Teslas it's not worth the quarter-mile detour!

Aviemore and Dundee are the only two non-Tesla chargers showing available.
Two places I couldnā€™t care less I ever visited again, never mind go there just to charge šŸ˜‚

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - only if you have a tesla - never ever seen my MG4 go over 84kWh, & by the time i get there all the other non-tesla owners will be queuing to be on the station, and will no doubt complain about tesla queues & taking up 2 bays as their charge point is on the wrong side for the short tesla charging cables (whilst taking a photo of the queue they have caused and sending it to the daily mail)
Temperature related perhaps. In Spain I saw 134kw @25c from 45% today. MG4 LR.

Attachments

• IMG_7575.jpeg
    IMG_7575.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 67
Temperature related perhaps. In Spain I saw 134kw @25c from 45% today. MG4 LR.
maybe?, I suspect software related as I have the basic SR model - almost 12 months old (1st batch), even in "hot" (I chose my words carefully here as I'm talking about the UK summer 2023:poop:) weather, I've never seen anyting above 84kWh (whether its tesla (upto 250), fastned (upto 300), or MFG upto 100)

SR will only do about 87kW anyway (even though the Phase 1 spec sheet said 117kW).
Thats good to know!, as had 117 in my head, but never seen it - maybe I have had 86kWh?, anyway the reality is that according to my last charge I took in 44kWh in just over 45 mins = perfect šŸ‘Œ

Last edited:
Well took my Trophy long range to Tesla Dorking supercharger this night. During charging from 30% onwards at one point it was showing 140kw šŸ¤Æ

Attachments

• IMG_20230829_223825.jpg
    IMG_20230829_223825.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 55
I didn't look in at the Dakota Eurocentral supercharger last night after all, as I gave my friend (who had come to the theatre on the subway) a lift back to her car and ended up south of the river with the M74 being the obvious way home rather than M8. Sounds as if it would have been pointless anyway if the Tesla-only sites were still closed to non-Teslas.

I saw that on Twitter a couple of days ago. The spiel was that they were opening nearly all the superchargers in Sotland to any EV, but the map suggested only about two more than were already open - Eurocentral and Inverness I think.

I've got a Firefox add-on that partially restores the familiar nomenclature. But really, paying all that money for the brand, which has such an extensive and widely-used vocabulary associated with it, then changing the name so that all the vocabulary becomes redundant, is so far beyond brain-dead that I don't know where it is. You "post" on all sorts of fora and Facebook and so on, but you only tweeted on Twitter.

Just one of the reasons it's dying of course. I'll miss it, but that's the way of the world.

I got Caliban to charge on the Dakota Eurocentral Tesla chargers this evening. No trouble at all, just tapped on the charger ID on the app, plugged in and off we went.

I was already on 70% charge so I didn't need anything, but I thought I'd take it to 80% just to see how it performed. When I got back to the strawberry daiquiri the app was showing 74% but then it didn't go any higher. Everything looked right except the numbers weren't increasing. Finally I tried to stop the app manually at which point it hung.

I went back to the car to find him on 83% and still slurping electrons. Nothing wrong with the charge, the Tesla app had malfunctioned. So I stopped the charge from inside the car, unplugged, and we were done.

Silly me, I didn't think of checking the charging status on the iSmart app. That would probably have clarified the issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom