Tesla superchargers opened to non-tesla cars (trial)

zatras9911

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Did anyone try this yet with the MG5?
1652963925334.png

Have you got a link to the map please, I can't really tell where one which may be local is.

Thanks Biffo. Actually it was pretty pointless me asking to see one locally as they are the ones I won't ever use!! :) But there are 16 near me.

Despite a few years of PHEV and now EV driving I've hardly ever used a public charger. At 61p these won't rank highly on my go-to list but it is useful to have more available - cost wouldn't bother me as much as availability on a long journey, as long distance is so rare for me, and these are, presumably, all CCS chargers and likely to be well maintained.

You can see in the app how many are available which is handy.

Thanks Biffo. Actually it was pretty pointless me asking to see one locally as they are the ones I won't ever use!! :) But there are 16 near me.

Despite a few years of PHEV and now EV driving I've hardly ever used a public charger. At 61p these won't rank highly on my go-to list but it is useful to have more available - cost wouldn't bother me as much as availability on a long journey, as long distance is so rare for me, and these are, presumably, all CCS chargers and likely to be well maintained.

You can see in the app how many are available which is handy.
I'm curious about the one near Chester in North Wales for holidays - bit of a dead zone there as mix of older Electric Highway units and couple of Osprey/Pod Point, although there is a new Instavolt hub being built too. For a once or twice a year charge, I'd give it a try if available and fast.

Nice to see that West Scotland and the western half of Northern England have been included.....not!
Must admit, I did wonder about that - but there is a new Gridserve and Fastned hub on M6 & M74 - along with BP hub on M8 and MFG & IONITY hub in Glasgow with anothers planned soon. So, maybe not the best Pilot sites. Also wonder if specific site layout and/or existing cable lengths were a deciding factor?

DA20EE1C-19BC-48FF-8210-42FD4DD5AF48.png

Nice to see that West Scotland and the western half of Northern England have been included.....not!
Looking a bit bare on the east side from Sheffield to the coast as well.

I'm curious about the one near Chester in North Wales for holidays - bit of a dead zone there as mix of older Electric Highway units and couple of Osprey/Pod Point, although there is a new Instavolt hub being built too. For a once or twice a year charge, I'd give it a try if available and fast.
I have had a quick look at the Tesla map and the closest super chargers that are open to "Non Telsa" owners nearest to Chester, are the bank of super chargers hiding behind the "Flint Mountain Hotel" which are very close to our home address !.
If you are travelling into Wales and using the A55 Expressway, then you will be required to leave the A55 at the slip road sign posted for Flint.
It will only take approx 5 minutes to reach the chargers, after you have left the A55.
I will drop in the link to the hotel where they can be found.

Tesla Chargers Flint 2022-05-19 at 19.00.12.png

They clearly need to level up :)

Though isn't there one in Belford (Northumbria)?

Imagine living in Portugal, there's none, in a whole country!! Very third world LOL

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom