Test Drive Date

grayoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just had a phone call asking me for a preferred date to test drive. Availability starts on the September 24th in Cardiff. I'm booked in for Tuesday 27th at 4:30 - looking forward to it🙂

I was told they have an initial pre-order list of 40(£100 deposit), they've start a secondary list, but are still not sure of their allocation. I'm no.7 - hopefully lucky

Just had a phone call asking me for a preferred date to test drive. Availability starts on the September 24th in Cardiff. I'm booked in for Tuesday 27th at 4:30 - looking forward to it🙂

I was told they have an initial pre-order list of 40(£100 deposit), they've start a secondary list, but are still not sure of their allocation. I'm no.7 - hopefully lucky
Who is the dealer? Nathaniel? I'm on the waiting list but haven't had a call

Expect only a very short test drive with them.
The usual route is along the Sandycroft straight to the Airbus roundabout and back, about 3 ( ish ) miles.
I had a test drive of their demo blue ZS EV Trophy connect facelift, when it first arrived.
We where allowed to test drive alone ( probably on the back of the C19 ).
We where out for about 35 minutes and they where NOT happy on our return !.
Some sarcasm about sending out a search party, which went straight over my head to be honest !.
A family member has a ZS EV face lift on order since Feb 2022 and finds its difficult to get any regular updates on his order, or even get his calls returned by them.
I have also had experienced similar with them, good luck 😉.
Maybe this is why I made the decision to use another dealer about 100 miles away, who really looked after me in a totally different way.

I asked for a blue Trophy and was allegedly #3 on their list, how about you?
Umm..I never thought to ask where I was on the list .. and (I know, I know, blame the missus) Black Trophy.

I'll email him tomorrow and ask (Nick's been pretty responsive so far).

Knowing my luck it'll be on a boat from China next Easter !

Out of interest, I changed from an MG5 to an MG4 on the 22nd of August - can I ask when did you place your order?

Umm..I never thought to ask where I was on the list .. and (I know, I know, blame the missus) Black Trophy.

I'll email him tomorrow and ask (Nick's been pretty responsive so far).

Knowing my luck it'll be on a boat from China next Easter !

Out of interest, I changed from an MG5 to an MG4 on the 22nd of August - can I ask when did you place your order?
August 1st

August 1st
Interesting, I ordered my Trophy pretty late on the August 16th and I’m first on list, rang dealer up today and they said they have 7 on their list as of today, so I guess if anyone wanted their MG4 , they could still get theirs next month as I know my dealer has 8 coming in September and a further 6 coming the month after.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back