Test Drive ZS EV - Wow

I never used to bother about gas and electricity costs as my wife paid the bills and just occasionally let me know how much she was paying.

However, I am now taking much more interest now I have an EV and I will probably be taking the plunge and going with Octopus in the next couple of weeks so that I can take advantage of the off peak rates. Mrs C will be pleased that the bills will be going down plus she is also saving as we will not be spending £120+ a month on petrol.

I never used to bother about gas and electricity costs as my wife paid the bills and just occasionally let me know how much she was paying.

However, I am now taking much more interest now I have an EV and I will probably be taking the plunge and going with Octopus in the next couple of weeks so that I can take advantage of the off peak rates. Mrs C will be pleased that the bills will be going down plus she is also saving as we will not be spending £120+ a month on petrol.
Just make sure you do your sums before changing. It's not always worth 4 hours at cheap rate if you are paying more for the rest of the day.

You may have to schedule the washing machine/dishwasher to run at those times too and avoid cooking dinner between 5 and 8pm (if cooking on electric) etc. etc.

It's not always as straightforward as it may seem.

Just make sure you do your sums before changing. It's not always worth 4 hours at cheap rate if you are paying more for the rest of the day.

You may have to schedule the washing machine/dishwasher to run at those times too and avoid cooking dinner between 5 and 8pm (if cooking on electric) etc. etc.

It's not always as straightforward as it may seem.
Thanks, we are currently with British Gas paying around 17p/kWh with a standing charge of 24.777p. Peak time prices for Octopus are 15.8p/kWh and a standing charge of 25p per day so we will definitely save money.

It is funny how EV ownership makes you look at this. As I previously said I did not pay too much attention to our energy costs.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom