Test Drive ZS EV - Wow

When I “presented” the idea to my wife I did a comparison of running costs fuel and road tax. That sold it to her😀

I have also just told her what the servicing costs will be. Ours will be here on Monday.
Well done! Welcome aboard the 'ZS EV' bus ;) You'll be able to say "I told you so" to the wife, over the next few years, for a change! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Taking delivery on Monday of a ZS EV. Full approval given with one compromise! I am not known for regular stops for coffee so now we have an EV we will stop every 100miles or so for a break. The sacrifice is tremendous but no doubt with the Ecotricity updates and good Instavolt sites I will manage.Looking forward to the future 😁

When I “presented” the idea to my wife I did a comparison of running costs fuel and road tax. That sold it to her😀

I have also just told her what the servicing costs will be. Ours will be here on Monday.
That's how I sold mine (read ours) to my wife it's so cheap to run, plus she knows that eventually all you'll be able to buy is electric, and to be honest I can't imagine ever going back to a petrol/diesel. :)

We have had ours for a week now and I have shown her how much money we have saved. Every time we pass a petrol station I remind her of the price per litre of petrol. I think though that I had better stop doing it as it is getting annoying.
Same here! I also point out every now and again (okay - every night!) when our cheap rate electricity kicks in, how much more we're saving! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Bloggsy

We have had ours for a week now and I have shown her how much money we have saved. Every time we pass a petrol station I remind her of the price per litre of petrol. I think though that I had better stop doing it as it is getting annoying.
My mileage is exceptionally low, local runs to and from work, the occasional 80mile round trip to visit family and a couple of localish holidays but I've spent the princely sum of £68 on "fuel" costs since September last year :D

I am looking forward to getting my home charger fitted so I can keep a close eye on costs via the associated app.
Yeah - I've got a Pod Point charger so, from the app, I can tell I've spent £8 on 'refuelling' the car over the last 4 weeks. It's pretty handy but the Octopus website has my electricity (and gas) usage for every half an hour from the previous day (and 'back' for over a month - I'm not sure how far back it can go as I only joined them a month ago!).

When I check it (usually every morning at breakfast), the wife just rolls her eyes at me! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Yeah - I've got a Pod Point charger so, from the app, I can tell I've spent £8 on 'refuelling' the car over the last 4 weeks. It's pretty handy but the Octopus website has my electricity (and gas) usage for every half an hour from the previous day (and 'back' for over a month - I'm not sure how far back it can go as I only joined them a month ago!).

When I check it (usually every morning at breakfast), the wife just rolls her eyes at me! :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

Bloggsy
In the early days of EV adoption, it was the very same in out house.
I kept bashing on about just how much we where saving by going EV.
Until one day, I just let it out how much money we had saved over a couple of months to my wife, when I received this instant responce.
“That is a lot, I could buy a new handbag with that”.
I don’t bother so much reporting the saving anymore !.
Strange how ladies see a cost saving as a great opportunity to spend more on things like handbags and shoes !.
No offence to our lady members of course.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom