Thank me later... (engineering menu)

Those 4 digits don’t relate to your vin number somehow do they?
I‘m wondering if it’s like the last 4 digits of the vin or similar?
I'll try it later. The other option may be the digits 6 to 9, which in my case are 4099.

No, it just how I wrote the coding didn't work for me either. I call my car fluke.

link to ussd codes This looks a lot like android dial USSD codes, there are a bunch of them for different chip manufacturers, I tried a few ones already, no luck so far, but I'll keep trying, I think there is a good chance the car infotainment used a MTK chip...but that's pure speculation
I have a feeling you're right.
Having owned a few aftermarket Android headunits over the years (MTCB/MTCD/FYT/etc) this feels very familiar.

I've also tried a few of the obvious hold down the buttons while it boots to get to a boot menu.
No luck so far.

If someone got hold of an infotainment update file it would probably be easy to pull that apart and figure out.

Got this one sussed in my Feb 2023 built Trophy after a glitch with the car today.
To access 'Engineering mode':

In Settings > System tap Entertainment System Version five times.
PIN: 200519
What does this allow you to access / change ?

cries in iSMART Lite
Wait you guys have iSmart Lite? Turkey didn't get any app from MG due to our laws and their laziness.

Same case with Tesla app but that got re-released in a week where in our region specific Tesla app we can't look at live view of cars cameras due to our laws, every citizen has the right to not be filmed in public without consent, ofcourse besides the govt.

I expected a similar move from MG where they sold over 5000 cars in Turkey (2023 target is 10k) but apperantly MG is not interested in updating the iSmart app for our laws. For the time being and over the years no iSmart, iSmart lite on Google Play or Appstore.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back