The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

siteguru

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Got my car back from 1st service today and it has 1100R33 Infotainment software. This thread is to record some details and observations regarding it.

• Exact version numbers are MPU SWI69-29958-1100R33, MCU 69.3.8.0:
    1700756732579.png

• It has the new AC page, and the top bar is always visible:
    1700756795701.png

• And the AC popup is the new style:
    1700756833087.png

• As the top bar is always visible then there is easy access to the pull-down menu. This includes the option to turn off LKA (called LDP on the menu) - it works as per the Car screen menu and gives a Confirm prompt:
    1700756902280.png

• The left and right Star buttons now have the same three selection options:
    1700757036543.png

• I have the right Star set to AC and left Star set to Regen ... pressing the left Star cycles through the regen modes ... 3 -> A -> 1 -> 2 -> back to 3

• ACC functionality is now inverted ... get to a speed, press the middle-left button and it engages at that speed. Press up/down on the left joystick and it now increases/decreases by 1 mph; press and hold up/down to change to the nearest 5 mph and increment in 5 mph steps.

• When I got back home, locked then unlocked the car and sat in the driver seat I was presented with a setup screen - this was just to set the language, time zone and 12/24 hour clock.

• I was also presented with the Intelligent Battery Heating prompt - I ticked the box and pressed Cancel.

• I had to reselect my phone from the Bluetooth screen to connect, although it was remembered as a previously-paired device. Once done it synched and all seems OK.

• Android Auto worked straight away when I collected the car. After doing the above Bluetooth procedure I checked AA again and it still works OK.

• I had to redo all my radio favourites. The update wiped them out.

• Edit: So far the radio has been off when I've unlocked and sat in the driver seat, even if it was on when leaving - need to monitor further. Still remaining off when unlocking the car and sitting in the seat.

• Edit: I selected Sport mode on my drive home and then checked the Infotainment screen - it still showed Sport rather than switching to Snow like it did previously.

• Edit: I don't have a USB pen drive with music on it so I am unlikely to test Folders - I never use that method for music; it's either Bluetooth or Android Auto.

• Edit: I'm heading down to the homeland on Saturday so I'll check the SoC bar colour then.

• Update: remote HVAC now works when plugged in but not charging. 😁
That's what I have for the moment. If you wish to know anything, just ask and I'll see if I can check/remember what happened.

Edit: details of how the USB input now works for Music can be found in the post linked below:

Last edited:
  • Please check, if you can, that the USB player now supports folders
  • Does the radio still come on every time you sit down in the car, even if you turned it off before you got out last time?
  • Can you disable that infernal auto-lock, like the Trophy owners can?
  • Does Android Auto still work, or is it throwing up problems? (One member reported problems after this upgrade.)
  • As you drive, can you see whether the SoC bar changes to amber and then red in any coherent manner as the range goes down? (I'm betting it doesn't.)
  • Do you still have the 5 degrees (or so) offset between the temperature you select on the HVAC screen and the temperature you actually get?
  • Do your lights still come on when a small cloud covers the sun, with the supplied sensor cover?
  • When you engage Sport mode, does the central display flip to Snow after a minute or two, even though the car is actually in Sport?
I think that will do for now, I'll see if I can think of anything else.

Exact version numbers are MPU SWI69-29958-1100R33, MCU 69.3.8.0:
I suspected we are well behind the rest of the world..., but I did not expected that much...
MCU -125.1.3.0
20231124_063726.jpg

Have you noticed any other difference? The ACC speed adjustment is a huge step forward I think.

Mine has R33 also and had pretty much the same observations after the update, been using it a few weeks now and in answer to your queries I have noticed:
  • Does the radio still come on every time you sit down in the car, even if you turned it off before you got out last time? - Not every time, but I have noticed it depends how long you leave the car....I reckon 8 times out of 10 it is off
  • Does Android Auto still work, or is it throwing up problems? (One member reported problems after this upgrade.) - Only issue I have noticed is that Google Maps doesn't always go into dark mode when first setting off in the dark....have to turn the auto lights off and on to make it switch
  • Do you still have the 5 degrees (or so) offset between the temperature you select on the HVAC screen and the temperature you actually get? - Yep, temperature offset is still not right
  • Do your lights still come on when a small cloud covers the sun, with the supplied sensor cover? - Not as bad, I have noticed it is more similar to other cars which seem to turn theirs on as well at the same time, in fact mine sometimes has turned the lights off before other makes.
  • When you engage Sport mode, does the central display flip to Snow after a minute or two, even though the car is actually in Sport? Mine used to do this, but now stays in Sport mode on both screens

That looks like an improvement overall. I like the a/c screen, much easier to navigate, and not overly cluttered with a graphic.

Also noticed the external temperature is still displayed on screen. I believe that was a complaint of Trophy owners following their update.

Mine has R33 also and had pretty much the same observations after the update, been using it a few weeks now and in answer to your queries I have noticed:
  • Does the radio still come on every time you sit down in the car, even if you turned it off before you got out last time? - Not every time, but I have noticed it depends how long you leave the car....I reckon 8 times out of 10 it is off ... I've not had it long enough to confirm. The couple of times I've got to the car after locking the radio has been off
  • Does Android Auto still work, or is it throwing up problems? (One member reported problems after this upgrade.) - Only issue I have noticed is that Google Maps doesn't always go into dark mode when first setting off in the dark....have to turn the auto lights off and on to make it switch ... I occasionally had that issue with R13 anyway (e.g. this morning it was light mode even though the lights were on. A toggle fixed it)
  • Do you still have the 5 degrees (or so) offset between the temperature you select on the HVAC screen and the temperature you actually get? - Yep, temperature offset is still not right ... not checked. AC remained at what I'd previously left it - comfort seemed the same
  • Do your lights still come on when a small cloud covers the sun, with the supplied sensor cover? - Not as bad, I have noticed it is more similar to other cars which seem to turn theirs on as well at the same time, in fact mine sometimes has turned the lights off before other makes. ... haven't tried using the original cover yet; something to monitor
  • When you engage Sport mode, does the central display flip to Snow after a minute or two, even though the car is actually in Sport? Mine used to do this, but now stays in Sport mode on both screens ... agreed; mine stays in Sport too (meant to add this and the radio off comments in my original post - will so so now)
My comments in italics above. :)

Also noticed the external temperature is still displayed on screen. I believe that was a complaint of Trophy owners following their update.
That was an SE complaint regarding R16 and R21. :)

@Rolfe I've addressed most of your points in my reply to @Spenny25 above, and in my edits to my OP. :)

I'll try to remember re. autolock next time I'm in the car.

My comments in italics above. :)
only issue I seem to have found which has cropped up is the main display not dimming when it is dark when setting off. I have been leaving early some mornings and it is still dark but the main screen stays full brightness, cannot turn it down and an off and on of the lights doesn't work either.....only thing that resets it is if I reboot it by holding down the home button for around 10 seconds, it is then the right level of brightness. Could be update related, or could be I'm not doing something right?

@Rolfe I've addressed most of your points in my reply to @Spenny25 above, and in my edits to my OP. :)

I'll try to remember re. autolock next time I'm in the car.

Thanks. Others have said that the USB drive now supports folders, which is a huge improvement and frankly I can't wait.

I haven't heard anyone mention the auto-lock. If that can now be disabled, this update is looking like quite the Holy Grail even if it hasn't fixed everything.

I haven't heard anyone mention the auto-lock. If that can now be disabled, this update is looking like quite the Holy Grail even if it hasn't fixed everything.

Yes indeed, was debating about letting them do a software update lest they cock something up but that friggin auto lock needs to GO :mad:

Here are some more photos:

How the pull-down menu looks before you press the brake pedal ... LDP looks to be off but as soon as you press brake it comes on (as per my OP):
1700827537552.png

Car settings screens:
1700827586644.png

1700827617244.png

1700827650819.png

1700827681394.png

1700827708152.png

1700827736789.png

1700827759872.png

I couldn't find any option for turning off auto-locking.

On the radio situation, BBC stations are showing artwork but independent stations aren't:
1700827857030.png

I think on the whole that's preferable to having it always come on. The way this car operates I'd rather make the positive decision to turn it on, than have it come on by itself at some random unpredictable interval after I sat down. With my Golf, I expected it to come on when I turned the key in the ignition, so it didn't have the same surprise effect.

And yes, I'm getting used to leaving it playing as I get out of the car, as a reminder to me to press that door button. So on the whole I'm in favour of this.

It's not perfect, but how soon can I have this update? I'm not sure I want to wait till April!

The change to the ACC controls sounds great, hopefully this makes its way to the Trophy in the next update if not already on R46.

Can I ask how do you enable the speed limiter? In your photo there is only ACC and TJA, I also have a speed limiter option.
Edit: For reference this is now enabled via settings in the driver display

Last edited:
Further update - just done a full charge/balance, then when complete (Wallbox notified complete and it was in the Waiting state) I tried turning on remote HVAC ... and IT WORKED! 😁

I'll update the OP to add this.
I tried the same on my Trophy after its balance charge and it worked too at 100% and still plugged in. It didn't do that before its recent service.

This seems the same as my XPOWER on R40,

The only thing I haven’t seen is that drop down menu that shows the LKA toggle.

How did you get to that please?

I can pull down for A/C with the same menu system and same for Steering Wheel Star button.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back