The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

Carbone have you tried pulling down from the top rightside of the screen where the SIM signal strength is? On my Trophy not updated it brings down a similar screen.

Further update - just done a full charge/balance, then when complete (Wallbox notified complete and it was in the Waiting state) I tried turning on remote HVAC ... and IT WORKED! 😁

I'll update the OP to add this.

Did the power for the remote heating come from the mains or from the battery, do you know? Were you still on 100% once it was done?

I didn't leave it long enough to check - it was simply a quick test to see if it worked. I'll try to remember to check next time I do it.

On another note ... I'm just back from an overnight trip away, doing over 300 miles there and back. I used ACC a lot and it is much improved ... speed pickup after slowing down when you pull out to overtake is better, and sweeping bends which would previously cause a slow-down no longer does. (Predictive slowing when approaching a vehicle in front could still be better though).

TJA is still just as horrible though.

That’s a pity. I really liked the shortcut to CarPlay in the SE software
That option doesn't seem to be there anymore in the SE with 1100R33 ... AC, Regen and Mode are the only 3 options for either star button.

Since your successful update are there any features you previously had which have now disappeared?
The only thing that's noticeably changed are the Star button options .. they're now the same for both buttons, whereas the right button used to offer a choice between AC and SRC, and the left used to offer AA/CP as an option. However the new options (AC, Regen, Drive Mode) I feel are more useful ... I now have AC on the right and Regen on the left. (I rarely change mode so I've not used that one).

Losing camera view on the left hand star is uh, shitty. I use that all the time for parking. Please tell me there's an easy way to open it. Unless the MG4 SE doesn't have that?

Also, have they fixed the issue where using the Speed Limiter setting turns back to 'Off' when the car turns off?

That option doesn't seem to be there anymore in the SE with 1100R33 ... AC, Regen and Mode are the only 3 options for either star button.
Does the drop down menu work when in CarPlay? That might reduce thr need to flip from Home Screen to car play that made the shortcut on thr star button so convenient.

On my SE Long Range with R13 infotainment software I cannot get AA google maps voice directions at the same time as radio. Does anyone find it works on update R33?

I usually mute audio on Google maps but I tried it today and it worked, clear and loud. (I was playing AA audio at the time though - I'll try to remember to do the same with the radio playing).

But before 1100R33 I never used to really hear audio navigation guidance no matter what I tried, so perhaps 1100R33 fixes this.

On my SE Long Range with R13 infotainment software I cannot get AA google maps voice directions at the same time as radio. Does anyone find it works on update R33?
yes it does, this was one of the main reasons I booked mine in for an update in the first place. I was on R13 previously and rely on voice guidance a lot so to have it back fully working on R33 makes things so much easier

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back