The answer to Rapid Charging is Coffee and Burgers.

ChrisT

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
The answer to Rapid charging on long journeys is not Service Stations!

It seems to me that Instavolts hook up with Mcdonalds, Costa, Starbucks etc is a match made in heaven.

Reliable easy to use chargers in convenient locations and often in close proximity to each other.

Just charged in Lincoln at two Mcdonalds 2 miles from each other. On the return the one site was full so went down the road to the other site.

Brilliant!

Actually you are just getting fat 😁 as the cost per mile using Instavolts is 10p in winter which is not any better than some ice cars.

Ah well the good times were always going to come to an end 😒

When reading forum posts I have wondered how people save any money when they say they grab a coffee etc. whilst rapid charging 😂

Especially in Costa Fortune!

Hoping I won't need to do it too often 🤔😜
Just use their facilities and enjoy a packed meal in your ve-hickle.😄 Winning at life.

When reading forum posts I have wondered how people save any money when they say they grab a coffee etc. whilst rapid charging 😂

Especially in Costa Fortune!

Hoping I won't need to do it too often 🤔😜
The coffee at McDonald's are ok and cheap, the coffeecostafortune drive-throughs lost my business when their costs needlessly went through the roof during covid and won't go back down.

The MG dealership I work at - Vic Young Ltd
Vic_Young_MG_Car_Dealership_Starbucks.JPG
in South Shields, all are welcome to use our FREE chargers and pop into Starbucks next door for a hot drink... it's a popular option for a lot of our service customers: New & Used Cars For Sale | Vic Young MG | Electric MG | South Shields

I haven't used any of the pay chargers, I usually charge at my local Tesco for free as I haven't sorted my home charger yet (only had the car 1 month) I usually have a tea and vegan breakfast and read a book, Or walk to my nearby gym for a sauna while charging up to 3 hours. It would be great if as one of the earlier post suggested that Wetherspoons had charging points. I only seem to be able to get 3.3 miles per KW although this may be because it is colder at the moment. If you look at the charge points that cost 40p/kw and above it works out more expensive than a petrol hybrid. Never mind throwing in the cost of a coffee.

The answer to Rapid charging on long journeys is not Service Stations!

It seems to me that Instavolts hook up with Mcdonalds, Costa, Starbucks etc is a match made in heaven.

Reliable easy to use chargers in convenient locations and often in close proximity to each other.

Just charged in Lincoln at two Mcdonalds 2 miles from each other. On the return the one site was full so went down the road to the other site.

Brilliant!
I know the one next to Sainsburys. Is the other one just off the by-pass/A46?

I've found out that a pub out on the ring road near me has 2 fast chargers and 1 rapid which are free to use with a card they keep behind the bar. I might pop over there at the weekend and try my luck. I think the cost of a cup of coffee might be less than the cost of overnight electricity to take the battery up to 90%. I'll work out the threshold.

I've found out that a pub out on the ring road near me has 2 fast chargers and 1 rapid which are free to use with a card they keep behind the bar. I might pop over there at the weekend and try my luck. I think the cost of a cup of coffee might be less than the cost of overnight electricity to take the battery up to 90%. I'll work out the threshold.
Sounds like a change is needed to the thread title- 'Beer' Coffee and Burgers is the answer to Rapid Charging!

Any advances on 'Beer'?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom