The day started badly and just got worse....The Genie bit me

The whole trip is magical with unbelievable beaches. I drove it years ago before it was popularised and there was one bit where you come up a crest and the road drops away so steeply you only see the sky. Quite unnerving.
View attachment 3249View attachment 3250View attachment 3251View attachment 3252
Thanks Jacko
Looking forward to driving the route, firstly we're having two days in Yorkshire then two days in Edinburgh prior to starting the NC500 at Inverness and working on a seven day round route, then its two days back home from Inverness. Should be a cool trip with no need to hurry.

working on a seven day round route
Have you decided on where you intend to stay? We drove from our home in Kirkcaldy to Thurso on day one (a trip I have made a few times in the past), the second night we stayed in Poolewe, then onto Fort William (after Loch Carron we turned south) before returning home via Glen Coe.

Feels like maybe GeniePoint chargers are so incompatible with the MG5 that not only don’t they not work, but they also confuse the car to the point of inoperability.
We should organise a poll. Ask MG5 owners whether they have had success or failure charging on GeniePoint rapids.
Hi I use GeniePoint chargers everywhere on the A303 and have had no trouble. However I dud get the same fault twice on pulse network when I charged upto 94%. Only do 93% now.

Hmmm. I suspect it's nothing to do with the charger brand/ network. My car had to be brought home on the back of an AA flatbed a month or so ago from Margate after failing to connect to two different charger networks. It then failed to connect to Chargemaster at home the next day (they charged me £15 for each failed attempt, which I am still to get back,) Glyn Hopkin simply re updated the software, which they'd already done a couple of weeks before on a service. It's a fault with the car.

Today at my first GeniePoint charge I didn't notice that the app said that the device was faulty until after I had plugged it in to the car. Unplugged and went to start the car and found it said HV fault and wouldn't do anything. Turned it off and on a couple of times - same thing. Went to look up what to do started to call AA and then tried again after car had been off for about 5mins off and it woke up and all was okay.
Phew.
Partly my fault for not reading what the app said properly before plugging in, but a tad worrying that plugging a duff charger in can brick the car, and relieved that I didn't have to find a spanner and try the "disconnect the 12v battery and leave it for 20 mins" way to get it back - let alone get it taken to a dealer to perform magic on it.

Today at my first GeniePoint charge I didn't notice that the app said that the device was faulty until after I had plugged it in to the car. Unplugged and went to start the car and found it said HV fault and wouldn't do anything. Turned it off and on a couple of times - same thing. Went to look up what to do started to call AA and then tried again after car had been off for about 5mins off and it woke up and all was okay.
Phew.
Partly my fault for not reading what the app said properly before plugging in, but a tad worrying that plugging a duff charger in can brick the car, and relieved that I didn't have to find a spanner and try the "disconnect the 12v battery and leave it for 20 mins" way to get it back - let alone get it taken to a dealer to perform magic on it.
Well done! And phew....

This guy has done the NC500 in a few EVs, he now has a Tesla model 3, but don't let that put you off watching. :)

P.s. I think it's a good youtube channel, all about EVs and everything around owning one. Plus lots of honest car reviews.

This guy has done the NC500 in a few EVs, he now has a Tesla model 3, but don't let that put you off watching. :)

P.s. I think it's a good youtube channel, all about EVs and everything around owning one. Plus lots of honest car reviews.

Ah, my work colleagues get everywhere!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom