The Ultimate MG5 "Real World" Energy Consumption Thread

Timely reminder (y)

Here's mine for October:

View attachment 21281
View attachment 21283

Buoyed up by a relatively mild month and although the mileage was low (even for me), it still reflects a balance of motorway, rural and town driving in Normal mode with KERS set at 3.
A good demonstration on how you've learnt to drive more economically!

1000016519.jpg
A big drop in efficiency this month for me. Lots of use of heating and A/C with all the rain we have had, not to mention the lower temps.

Last couple of weeks have really reduced the Miles/kWh with the heater and demisters blowing.
Winter is on its way!
20231102_103800.jpg

Timely reminder (y)

Here's mine for October:

View attachment 21281
View attachment 21283

Buoyed up by a relatively mild month and although the mileage was low (even for me), it still reflects a balance of motorway, rural and town driving in Normal mode with KERS set at 3.
Impressive figure.

After 800 miles with two bikes on carriers on the roof, at 65-70mph, I can confirm that efficiency is awful 🤣
Managed 2.3 miles/kWh on my pre-facelift LR. 80% down to 10% was ~100miles.

I like the curve very meaningful, could you please show the vertical axis scale?

Hi guys
I drive a 2.5 mile round trip to work
In this cold weather I get 1 mile for every 1%
Must admit heaters, heated seats ,rear window defrost , lights and radio are on
😂😂😂

Gosh how are people getting 4? I've been lucky to get above 3,currently showing 2.7 :(

Been for 1st service earlier this week and garage only went and reset everything!

2112 miles covered this month and I think I was down to 3.3 mi/kWh as an average. Will it get worse?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2.3 mi/kWh on Saturday when I checked. I had the wife the toddler and two different buggies in the car plus the heaters going. My GOM is 160 miles on 100%.

I've been getting very poor mileage lately (though I've not been resetting each month). I'm doing mainly short trips with the heating full on and rear screen on, and I've had journeys come in at less than 2m/kwh, and typically just under 3.

PXL_20231130_203036669.jpg

A cold month, and I felt I used AC a lot in the first half of the month - the dog was near constantly wet and in the boot. Dryer toward the end of the month but still often very cold on my commutes. This morning varied between -5 and -4 degC. Brr!

Just a reminder, the AC costs virtually nothing in battery terms, it's the heater that eats the juice. So make sure in this lovely cold damp weather to keep that AC on to keep the screens clear of misting/fogging.

View attachment 21919
A cold month, and I felt I used AC a lot in the first half of the month - the dog was near constantly wet and in the boot. Dryer toward the end of the month but still often very cold on my commutes. This morning varied between -5 and -4 degC. Brr!
Where do you get this screen - when i scroll through mine doesn't look like this at all

Where do you get this screen - when i scroll through mine doesn't look like this at all
The navigation buttons on the steering wheel. Down, in my case, but they may not always be programmed the same way.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom