Things I love about my MG4

Mostly I love the way it drives, and coming from a VW GTi owner of nearly 14 years that's quite a compliment.

I love the neat reversing warning indicators in the SE.

I love the way there's always a fuel top-up at home - my nearest petrol station is nine miles away. (And 25 miles away if I'm going in the other direction.)

My number 1 favourite thing about the MG4 is just how well it drives, it’s comfortable yet feels agile and somehow feels flat in the corners ( not wallowy at all ) it drives out of corners really nicely too thanks to RWD, the steering feels brilliant too, I also find it feels quick from say 20-40mph and can jump most ICE cars.

Range. Coming from an 8.5 year old leaf that had a range of 60 miles when driven carefully to the MG4 with 240 miles when driven the same is huge.

Being able to get in and go without messing around. My LKA stays off so all I have to do is get in, flick the lights off and go. In the leaf I had to press the button to start it, wait, then select B mode for high regen and then accept a legal thing on the screen.

Autohold

Members have already stated most of the things I love about my MG4, but another one to add to the list is a nice, clear rear windscreen as opposed to the little semi-circle surrounded by dirt and grime I had on my other cars after driving on a wet day in the countryside.

I think part of that is because it's so quiet. I went past a lorry this afternoon and I saw 100% on the power output so presumably I was getting all the acceleration that was there, but it didn't seem inadequate. The lack of engine noise is deceptive somehow. Also, there's none of that hesitation I used to get in my Golf - I always thought it was turbo lag but recently someone said it was DSG lag. Anyway, there was a hesitation I had to push past, having faith that the power would kick in. In the MG4 it's just there with no moment of thinking, well, are you going to do it?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back