Thinking of buying a MG ZS EV 2020/2021

Worth looking into - Thanks !.
Yes, maybe it is different in the UK, but here the coverage was pretty useless, when i needed it and subsequently read the "fine print"

It ended "happily" for me regarding the tow, i found out that since i had a good insurance covering everything, they paid for the recovery, which MG service to be fair, told me when they declined the tow.

After a few months i got a bill from the emergency guys sent to pull the car away from the toll booth where it was hit. I had no idea that i would be billed for this, but again, insurance took care of the bill...And promptly send a request for refund for the bill, to the old man that totalled our car's insurance

Yes, maybe it is different in the UK, but here the coverage was pretty useless, when i needed it and subsequently read the "fine print"

It ended "happily" for me regarding the tow, i found out that since i had a good insurance covering everything, they paid for the recovery, which MG service to be fair, told me when they declined the tow.

After a few months i got a bill from the emergency guys sent to pull the car away from the toll booth where it was hit. I had no idea that i would be billed for this, but again, insurance took care of the bill...And promptly send a request for refund for the bill, to the old man that totalled our car's insurance
I remember it well, your wife was in the car at the time !.
Hit by the car in the Mustang !.

hi, we have bought it privately but have already spoken to MG regarding warranty and all looks ok. I didnt know that either about the breakdown cover, thats really good to know. I will ask MG for more info when we switch over the remaining warranty.

We have off road parking, driveway, garage etc, so ideal set up really for owning an EV. We have looking at the wall chargers, but going to see how we get on with granny charger to begin with.

I didnt know that about the paint colour - We just said Red or black we'd be happy with. Its going to be a major upgrade for us in terms of motoring
Good luck with the new purchase, I'm sure you'll love it! We had an Exclusive in red for just over 2 years and did 36,000 miles in it without any problems at all. Really loved that car and only traded it because the lure of the orange MG4 was too much!

Sounds like granny charging will be fine for you as well. We did 60 miles a day in ours and for the first 5000 miles only used the granny charger. We only went for a 7kw one because I built an extension and wired for it at the same time otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

I remember it well, your wife was in the car at the time !.
Hit by the car in the Mustang !.
Yes.

We opted to cancel the order for the MG, as it had an expected delivery date of August 2023 because Tesla had an expected delivery date of February - March on their website.

Seems Tesla is not to be trusted though, they just bumped the delivery date to May-June.

Some on different forums did say that they Estimated delivery date was shifted back and forth a lot and they got their car before the "worst" estimate they had, so hoping they can make it sooner rather than later.

Just waiting for the driver of the other car to have his day in court, and then i will send the footage of the crash to whambam dashcam, and put a link to the video they put it in, in the forum somewhere.

Just remember that the breakdown assistance does not cover stuff that is more or less not "The car is broken down, due to something related to the warranty"

When our MG was totalled, i called them up, because i was told by the slick salesman that i did not need anything else, just to be told that they did not do tow away if the car had been in an accident, something that a normal "aa" subscription would.

If i were to buy another MG, i would get coverage elsewhere, the provided coverage is not very good to be honest.

More or less only cover recovery to nearest MG repair shop, if it is either a warranty job, or something they can charge you to fix.

Or atleast that's how it is in Denmark.
The "normal" AA cover hasn't covered accident recovery since the late 80s, it's covered by your insurance.
The only differences in the MG AA cover in the UK with the normal AA membership is that the MG AA is for the vehicle only whereas the normal AA membership covers the member in any vehicle (even as a passenger) and the UK MG cover only applies in the UK, not abroad.

The only differences in the MG AA cover in the UK with the normal AA membership is that the MG AA is for the vehicle
Which makes sense really.
It’s a collaboration / deal made between the AA and MG motors, to only support customers who have purchased MG cars.
If you were driving another make of car, you can not expect “MG Assistance” to come to your aid really ?.
For that you with require a direct break down cover from the AA itself.

Hi,

Hoping for some honest owner reviews on the good and the bad of owning a MG ZS EV, potentially the slightly older model as that is what our budget allows.

This would be our first electric car and also our only family car. We do minimal long distant journeys , the odd 30/40 miler and sometimes 50 miles but thats about it. Mostly would be used for commute to work (about 5 miles) and taking the kids out locally.

Whats the good and whats the bad? Have you saved money on fuel/running costs? any problems i should be aware of with that model? Battery issues?

Many thanks in advance
We've had the first gen ZS EV for over 2 years now and generally happy with it. I have some videos on my EV YouTube channel on the car so they might help. I also cover the 1 problem we have had with the steering. Congrats on going EV. 👍⚡🔋☀️

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom