Tips for removing lower half of rear seat for more load space

Teracton

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
If you want to have the back portion of your rear seats fold actually flat so you have a full flat load space throughout the boot - you just need to give the lower half other rear seat (bit your bum goes on) it a good sharp tug at the front to release it.

If doesn't come at first, tug a little harder - it is held in with some pop fit metal loops that go into a sprung receiver.

You might wish to put a blanket or towel down over the now exposed metalwork below to protect the back portion of the rear seats as you fold them flat onto it.

Refitting it a reverse of this, fish the seat belts back through the holes, and press firmly with two flat hands downwards to pop the metal loop back into its clips.

Hope this helps somebody as took me 2 goes & some researching to figure out.

I take it you have to remove the entire section - it can't just tilt up out of the way?
Handy to know if doing a trip to the tip anyway

I think it will just about fit in the space between the front seats and the base of the rear once fully detached if you wanted, but best to just put it safely away in the house until you're done if you're not going to need it. Makes more room.

Did you have any issues with the seat back not going upright correctly as they can jump out of the base hinge, that took me a while to figure out and relocate them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom