Bit of reassurance for the MG5

As a company car the MG5 trophy makes more sense as it has been tweaked to give a bit more modern feel the running gear and suspension remains the same as there wasn’t much wrong with it in the first place ! I purchased a brand new MG5 exclusive long range for £26495.00 and for that money it’s a steal and I didn’t think the upgrade to the new trophy at £32k was worth it ,also I thought the tried and tested exclusive may be free from the usual gremlins that most new models get. I believe there is no better usable EV out there for the money and the cherry on the cake is it drives great . Hope you enjoy your new car and welcome the the MG5 club .regards
I'm in agreement with you, I would consider getting the facelift but at £33,500 for the Trophy (wish it was 32k, 31k for the SE) plus extra for a colour it's just not worth the amount extra to pay after trade in/sale. Maybe we got ours too cheap :)

I have had my MG5 for a year now and what I do like about it in this cold weather is to put defroster and heated seats on 5 minutes before use and you get into a warm and derosted car, no need to scrape off the ice!

My mileage has plummeted this last week. I would normally get 200 miles in a full charge, I'm now about 140 miles!

How do you run the car safely not being in it? My drive isn't secure so with my ICE car I'd use the physical key to trigger the central locking, however my MG5 the physical key only locks the one door with the power turned on. If the car is off the central locking fires just fine.

My mileage has plummeted this last week. I would normally get 200 miles in a full charge, I'm now about 140 miles!

How do you run the car safely not being in it? My drive isn't secure so with my ICE car I'd use the physical key to trigger the central locking, however my MG5 the physical key only locks the one door with the power turned on. If the car is off the central locking fires just fine.
With the car on, open the drivers window fully, exit the car and shut the door.
Reach into the car through the open window and press the button to lock the car.
Now pull the drivers one touch window button switch to close the window, pulling out arm swiftish.

:)

Reach into the car through the open window and press the button to lock the car.
Now pull the drivers one touch window button switch to close the window, pulling out arm swiftish.

Genius! Do you unlock with the key or the fob?

Ahh, that's the downside of that method. It doesn't respond to the key, only to a brick. ;)

I'll try that assuming it unlocks on the key fob, not a brick!

Have you tried resetting you trip milage to see the true miles and not what says in the cold weather

Total range anxiety
We ran away together for four days the week before last.
Topped up overnight at home on OVO/SSE off peak so left at 100% and drove the motorways round past Cumbernauld and Hamilton down to Moffat. Coupled up to the CCS charger in the car park but couldn’t coax it to give anything so we went instead in disgust to the Woolen Mill cafe for a human charge with coffee, turkey with cranberry panini and scone. Carrying on we passed a Tesla guzzling away on the CCS 🤷‍♂️ but easily made it to Dumfries Shakespeare St and plugged in to one of the CCS units for a wee while. Picked up some bread at Tesco’s and drove to our retreat near Sorbie near Wigtown.
The following day we drove to Wigtown, the book capital of Scotland- it was more or less closed but we found chargers and topped up.
6DDB36AF-2492-4987-8F5B-4401B29DC869.jpeg

A trip down to the Whithorn area found us at the Garlieston Harbour Inn half an hour before dinner was served. So we were forced to have a drink in front of a roaring great open fire. Then the most gorgeous crispy skinned sea Bass with potatoes (I hate chips).
So we toured around for a couple of days in beautiful ( but cold ) weather until on our final day we charged up with a very fine Christmas dinner in the Riverbank Restaurant in Newton Stewart before another half hour or so on the CCS in Wigtown for the MG.
On our last day we packed up and headed home via Newton Stewart, Glentrool, Barrhill, Pinwherry and Girvan leading us to Dobbies Garden Centre at Ayr for lunch and finally home passing Kilmarnock and Glasgow with a stop at Stirling for coffee and cakes with a freebie charge before home, arriving with 78% in the amptank.
I mentioned the angst with our total range anxiety but this did not manifest itself at all during the entire time away. This was all negated completely by using a new app that we found on my phone. It led us to range salvation on many occasions during our travels and I’ve not heard of it being mentioned at all in any planning exercise laid out on this forum.
The app in question came in very useful and helped prevent a good few worrying moments on our remaining range availability.
The app in question? It’s simply called “Flush” check it out 😉
The car just bumbled along effortlessly the whole time doing what was required of it in its usual near silent manner. We took Granny with us just in case but left her in her wee plastic case in the boot, cruel I know but the car just ate up the miles without complaint.
So for you folks out there who enjoy number crunching and watching the counting of the beans here’s our cost record for the total trip :-
Mileage covered - not sure but enough to get home 🤪Probably 130 or so each way plus loads of short trips around lovely Wigtownshire- who cares - who’s counting?
Charge costs -
Linlithgow. £0.00 CPS
O/night home. £2.25 OVO
Dumfries £5.38 CPS
Wigtown. £8.90 CPS
Wigtown. £5.12 CPS
Stirling. £0.00 CPS
Cottage rental. £269
Less premium bond prizes 🥳 £250.00
Meals (been eating at home anyway) £ 0.00
Government pensioners Xmas bonus. £ 20.00

That left £20.65 to be paid out of the good lady’s pension 🤫🤫👌