TOP THUMPS with a pinch of salt Any Takers

Johnmg5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
IMG_20230322_164351_084437.jpg

You want to try the B6138 from Cragg Vale to Blackstone Edge Reservoir.
5.4 miles downhill with an average gradient of 3%

I've yet to see better than 3 miles/KW and that was coming down off the Pentlands from Silverburn. What am I doing wrong?
Is your battery heater definitely off ? That's about the only thing that dragged my average below 3 back in mid winter.
I think you have an SE LFP too ? I drive mine with practically no thought of efficiency and I really struggle to get lower than 3.5 miles kWh even on short trips.
As soon as the temp gets above 10 degrees and the roads dry out, 4 miles is easily achievable .

Brakes binding ? They'll likely have no factory grease applied to the the sliding components like many owners have found.
If your car is driving ok with good power there's probably nothing to worry about, just seem unusally thirsty.

You are driving your car normally in realistic everyday conditions. With the heating on. Enjoy ;)

I suspect that is the Correct Answer. I don't actually care, it just shows up on the range. That will only matter if I intend to go significantly more than 100 miles in a day, and it's not often I do that.

Is your battery heater definitely off ? That's about the only thing that dragged my average below 3 back in mid winter.
I think you have an SE LFP too ? I drive mine with practically no thought of efficiency and I really struggle to get lower than 3.5 miles kWh even on short trips.
As soon as the temp gets above 10 degrees and the roads dry out, 4 miles is easily achievable .

Brakes binding ? They'll likely have no factory grease applied to the the sliding components like many owners have found.
If your car is driving ok with good power there's probably nothing to worry about, just seem unusally thirsty.

I turned the battery heater off at the start of that journey - it had been on before. I thought I'd see a difference but it made no difference at all.

The car is driving like a dream with good power. I know what brakes binding feels like, I had all that with my Golf in 2019 and it did horrible things to the petrol consumption. I don't think it's that though, there's no sign of the "hesitation" feel I got with that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back