• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Towing Mode

PGW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just had software updated on my new model ZS EV, and now have picture of a trailer on the display. Traced it to 'Towing Mode' and found the setting for it, but it won't turn off! No amount of tapping, sliding etc. will move slider to off. Any ideas?
Otherwise, new software seems to have sorted out other problems such as SatNav getting lost, radio losing last station all the time etc....

Not a great Picture but you can see little trailer symbol at top, and Towing Mode switch which is under 'Vehicle'-'MG Pilot'. Only reference to PDC in the manual is that Fuse F30 is for PDC sensor?
The switch just won't turn off.
TowingMode.jpg

Has it done as intended and switched off the parking sensors
PDC (parking distance control)

Hi, back after Christmas break. Yes, it does switch off PDC. I tried 'reset to factory settings' and that hasn't cleared it. Took it into my local dealer yesterday and they are equally baffled - it just won't switch off! They're going to contact MG.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Hope you get it sorted, as I will be getting a towbar fitted in the new year.

Towbar finally arrived at dealers and will be fitted on the 8th of March. Car will be required for 2 days because of unreliability of MG website being online for software updates. Actual fitting time quoted as 4 hrs.

Car at dealers for towbar fitting. Just a matter of waiting for a phone call to see when I can pick it up.
Mechanic checked updates and says it is on the latest software version. Fingers crossed. :unsure:

Just picked up the car with new tow-bar. Just to let you all know it IS a Brink tow-bar, with an MG tow-ball cap. Not able to find setting in display to turn off, (or on for that matter). Will try out bike rack next week to see if it shows automatically when electrics are connected.
Only thing I can see on the instruction leaflet is Brink BMU.
Nothing to see of the tow bar connecter from the back not even the plug as it swings out and down.

Talking to someone who had the same tow bar fitted. The electronics in the kit turn off the parking sensors when electrics plugged in. I will try it out when the weather is better, it´s covered in snow here and I don't have off-street parking.

So anyone know how can I disable this Towing mod for a MG ZS EV?

01DC3A90-22D7-4B22-9BE8-C5AD633C6ED9.jpeg

hhhhh….it's the worst system I've seen. as if we invented programming today?!!!

Just had software updated on my new model ZS EV, and now have picture of a trailer on the display. Traced it to 'Towing Mode' and found the setting for it, but it won't turn off! No amount of tapping, sliding etc. will move slider to off. Any ideas?
Otherwise, new software seems to have sorted out other problems such as SatNav getting lost, radio losing last station all the time etc....
I have the same thing in that car says it is towing mode, following a software update to fix the radio that had stopped working. Tow mode will not switch off. It says PDC disabled but the rear sensors still work. MG said they will advise HQ and no doubt another software update will fix it. The car drives exactly the same

I have the same thing in that car says it is towing mode, following a software update to fix the radio that had stopped working. Tow mode will not switch off. It says PDC disabled but the rear sensors still work. MG said they will advise HQ and no doubt another software update will fix it. The car drives exactly the same
You know when comes this fu…. Update?!!!! It’s annoying……

BC177CCE-5E34-4DDF-BDCA-67C35A9DB2DB.jpeg

Step2 press disable
A545DB1B-4AD3-4FD0-8FE0-FEAD9739C530.jpeg

Step3 come this and after 3 seconds is enabled automatically
40A47DCD-B5E1-4FC4-B5C0-A46A02438948.jpeg

Step4
We fuc….. waiting the repair software/update!!!!

So, I had my towball fitted yesterday and had the car in MG last Friday, tyre pressure sensors have stopped working..... joy! I now have the towing mode fault, but actually, it's NOTHING to do with me just having a towball fitted!!
Question: Are these problems all on the Trophy model?
Mine is a Trophy Connect.

EdmondK.
I have the exact same software problem. After looking at all the options on the screen, I apparently also received an update of the software. Very annoying because the message keeps coming back while driving.

EdmondK.
I have the exact same software problem. After looking at all the options on the screen, I apparently also received an update of the software. Very annoying because the message keeps coming back while driving.
As far as I know, the ONLY way to turn 'towing mode' off is to do a factory reset. The problem is, it's a pain in the arse to set it all up again.

Please, anybody who has this issue, report it to your garage/MG. The more people that report it...........

FIX!!

Hi Guys, i accidently turned it on today. When clicking to try and turn it of, it automatically turns itself on.

What fixed it for me is as follows.
1. Go to the menu where it shows towing mode.
2. Press the button to turn it off
3. As soon as u pressed it, turn the power off on the car by pressing the power button of your vehicle.
4. Wait 10 seconds and turn the car back on.

Important! It should be off now, however when u turn the car on again it puts u back in the same menu and shows the towing mode on. However if u check the top right corner on your screen, it’s not there anymore.

So leave the menu restart the car again and it should be fixed!

Hope this helps all of you also. Let me know! If my explanation is unclear and doesn’t work I’ll try to make a video how to do it!

Once you have had the software update you are stuck with it. Good news is although it says the PDC sensors are off. They are not. You still have rear camera in reverse and the sensors work fine.

Just annoying but at least does not effect car performance

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom