TPMS- changing bar to PSI

Kpa = Bar x 100, so you'll see more accurate pressure details. :)

e.g. I might see 2.6 Bar but you might see 264 kPa (2.64 Bar). The target pressure is 37 psi which is 2.55 Bar, but we can't see the last digit; with Kpa you would be able to set to 255 Kpa. :)

I asked MG customer services about changing the reading from bars to psi at the end of last year. Here is their response:

"Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay as I have been attempting to find the required data.
The screen will show bar only, from what we can see, however if you prefer to work in psi, then details of this are included in the technical data section of your owners handbook."

I asked MG customer services about changing the reading from bars to psi at the end of last year. Here is their response:

"Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay as I have been attempting to find the required data.
The screen will show bar only, from what we can see, however if you prefer to work in psi, then details of this are included in the technical data section of your owners handbook."
That's helpful lol... did you find that secret technical data section?

Any one know any more about this? I'd love to have units in kPa because in the day job as a scientist I have to use SI and as a matter of principle I think this should be imposed on the rest of society...
My car shows the pressures in kPA (I'm on info software R40) - it seems to change in units of 4 so will go from 252 to 256 to 260 etc.., so even then it's rounding to the nearest 4 kPA.

4 kPA is 0.58 psi or 0.04 bar

If you're at 256 kPA then that's a smidge over 37 psi. (The recommended tyre pressure per the manual, at least for the cars with 17" wheels).

Not sure whether you're being funny😁😉 or whether my manual is old !!

If the latter, care to upload a pic please or quote ? .... my manual ends at page 324 with tyre pressures !!
I just downloaded a copy from the maps website mentioned elsewhere on the forum

Screenshot 2024-04-04 122157.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums