TPMS fault

Hello Everyone
I have MG ZS EV 2023 excited model
I have replaced my wheel to 19 inches from the original 17 inches. i have moved the tpms sensor to a new wheel 19 inches. it was working for 2 days. but after that, it said tpms fault on my dashboard. all 4 sensors are not detected.

any suggestion or comment or clue about the issue with my tpms sensor?

Thank you

more updates when I release the air from the tyre. the car tpms can detect the tyre pressure again but when I drove for 10mins. it said fault tpms again

Hello @N2STY
Yes i have set it to 2.8 bar. it detected it 2.8 but after i drove the car 1hr today still said faulty tpms

no sealant. brand new wheel and tyre with old tpms sensor

possible it detected different wheel size

possible it detected different wheel size
One theory would be the wheel size tpms may not be in range of receiver but you've ruled this out as it's detecting changing pressure
So it sounds like the tpms isn't waking up two things wake up the tpms changing pressure and the wheels rotating think of it as a ball bearing in a tube when the ball bearing moves it wakes the tpms if the tpms is fitted 90° out the ball can't move up and down the tube therefore the tpms stays asleep

how can I fix it? I thought the wheel and tyre company knew to install tpms sensor :(
Of course I could be wrong I think the problem could be tyre shops are used to seeing tpms looking like this
Screenshot_20230628-031458.png

But MG uses smaller tpms
Screenshot_20230628-031302.png

So can easily be 90 out what you can try is make sure valve is not at the bottom of the tyre undo the retaining nut a bit so you can twist the valve 90 then Titan nut back up
Or re visit tyre shop they don't need to take whole tyre off just break the bead to get access to the tpms

thank you @N2STY I will try to undo the nut and twist it a bit. I will borrow my friend's Autel 508 to check if the sensor is alive

strangely the tpms sensor was working for 2 days after out from tyre shop

thank you @N2STY I will try to undo the nut and twist it a bit. I will borrow my friend's Autel 508 to check if the sensor is alive
You know it's alive because it giving you a reading when you add or remove air

strangely the tpms sensor was working for 2 days after out from tyre shop
This is why I asked if they add a sealant to the tyres to prevent punctures (most sealants are tpms safe if applied properly)

Hello @N2STY
You know it's alive because it giving you a reading when you add or remove air

This is why I asked if they add a sealant to the tyres to prevent punctures (most sealants are tpms safe if applied properly)
i am not sure because i was not beside the tyre tech when they put the sensor. even on brand new tyre and wheel they put the sealant

i will check on the weekend with the scanner tool. I need to go and borrow from my friend to see if the scantool can detect it

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom