Transition from Zs ev to Mg5 long range

Delboy102000

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I would be very interested to hear the views of anybody who has made the transition from a top spec ZS Ev to the top spec MG5 long range. Also if you could compare and contrast the difference between ownership and whether the car is more adaptable or usable, as nice to drive, which ever way you feel is the better option would love to hear. The MG5 does appear on the surface to win on price so would be interested to hear further info.

In terms of drive - both the MG5 and ZS EV are rapid off the mark. I work for an MG dealership and drive both models regularly. Perhaps the MG ZS EV is slightly quicker due to weighing less. We just received the newest MG ZS EV "trophy connect long range" which is the top spec, and the main difference between that and the MG5 exclusive is that you get a slicker touch screen and can use in car WIFI and connect your Amazon prime account to it. I think this enables you to watch Amazon Prime on the screen.

All I can say is that I test drove the ZS EV and the MG5. I preferred the MG5 SR because of the longer rage, in my view the more flexible boot space being longer but not so high as the ZS. I was also coming from a BMW 320d so I felt more at home in the MG5. I've driven 4,300 miles since September and I am very happy with my decision.

The new MG ZS EV "Long Range" boasts up to 273 mile range - so can potentially offer an extra 20 miles compared to the long range MG5. However the MG5s are much easier to get hold of at the moment. Realistically the new MG ZS EV Long Range will be tricky to get hold of until well into the new year. We are hoping by March that our dealership will start to stock them properly. For now we have one demo. Majority of MG dealerships will be the same.

We just received the newest MG ZS EV "trophy connect long range" which is the top spec, and the main difference between that and the MG5 exclusive is that you get a slicker touch screen and can use in car WIFI and connect your Amazon prime account to it. I think this enables you to watch Amazon Prime on the screen.
I did not know that there was to be any upgrade this soon after I purchased my MG5LR exclusive in October. Particularly interested in the touch screen. The current one in my car is just awful to use. Can this be upgraded?

I did not know that there was to be any upgrade this soon after I purchased my MG5LR exclusive in October. Particularly interested in the touch screen. The current one in my car is just awful to use. Can this be upgraded?
The MG5LR is not due an upgrade... its the MG ZS EV that has received a face lift and increased battery range. Sorry if I confused you with the MG5. The MG5 Long Range is the top model and will be for a while. We have not received any word about upgrades to the MG5. As soon as we do i'll post about it on the forum.

Has there been more than one version of the Mg5 LR or have they all been the same spec since the larger battery version came out. The Lr has Mg Pilot including adaptive cruise control or have I got that wrong?

Has there been more than one version of the Mg5 LR or have they all been the same spec since the larger battery version came out. The Lr has Mg Pilot including adaptive cruise control or have I got that wrong?
There are excite and exclusive trims, and there is a facelift version announced in some markets but not the UK yet

In terms of drive - both the MG5 and ZS EV are rapid off the mark. I work for an MG dealership and drive both models regularly. Perhaps the MG ZS EV is slightly quicker due to weighing less. We just received the newest MG ZS EV "trophy connect long range" which is the top spec, and the main difference between that and the MG5 exclusive is that you get a slicker touch screen and can use in car WIFI and connect your Amazon prime account to it. I think this enables you to watch Amazon Prime on the screen.
your not from Vic Youngs by any chance ? got my Exclusive ZS from there :)

I would be very interested to hear the views of anybody who has made the transition from a top spec ZS Ev to the top spec MG5 long range. Also if you could compare and contrast the difference between ownership and whether the car is more adaptable or usable, as nice to drive, which ever way you feel is the better option would love to hear. The MG5 does appear on the surface to win on price so would be interested to hear further info.
Hi Delboy, I have the top of the range ZS but having looked at all the previews and test driven MG5 LR I've placed and order for one - have test driven and was impressed so awaiting my boat to come in! been told about March time + ordered before this miserable government reduced the PICG thought they were trying to encourage people to go EV ? anyway happy with my decision.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom