Trophy orders and delivery dates

If (and only if) you ordered a Trophy in August 2022 please tell us when you receive it.

• Sept 2022

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Oct 2022

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Nov 2022

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Dec 2022

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Jan 2023

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Feb 2023

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
I was a little naive when I placed an order in early October for a contract hire on MG Trophy, as the provider reassured me delivery was faster on MG Trophy and it was predicted for December 2022 could go to January but unlikely to be pushed back, until I placed the ordered and my anticipated delivery is now 17/02/2023.

I hope the Feb 2023 option doesn't ever get selected...
Since MG are just randomly sending cars out from the docks right now, and not "building to customer order" until January, I think that not only will the February box get ticked, people will be asking for a March box as well.

well chapelhouse have out done their selfs lost the number plates i gave them with retention docs said they never got them funny as they was both together they have docs then told ne they have ordered the wrong bloody car i changed my order in feb to the short range zsev from trophy lr guess which is still on order yes the trophy lr and to boot they dont have them on motability now so if the car arrives i cant have it told cancel order and order amg4err no i ordered an mgzsev its what i want lucky motability manage stick with first order tbh glad they did as lr now not sr lol and still get sun roofthey changed the motability order but not the order to mg and told poss feb del not bad from jan 2022

Ordered only a few days after they went from 'Coming Soon' to 'Configure' on MG Website (not sure of the exact date, perhaps mid August?)Latest position - the dealer is waiting for 18 cars on 3 transporters and allegedly one of them is mine.

(So not voted)

I ordered mine on 26 August and was told my number plate and VIN on 3 December. I hope that means the car is in the UK, perhaps stuck at the port. What chance of delivery to dealer, PDI and collection before Xmas?

Knowing the VIN just means it has been allocated to your dealer (group) - this may well be done before the cars are loaded onto the boat. (I ordered mine on 08-Oct and knew the VIN ... the boat didn't dock until 21-Oct so will have been on the boat at the time I ordered).

Ordered mine in August. Dealer says delivery trucks (presumably from the docks) are a little behind! He told me that my Trophy will come with a granny charger. He said that they do not offer 5 day drive away insurance. He added that so far, batch 3 cars have not had problems with oil leaks or warped under trays.

I took over a September order for an orange Trophy LR and was told 8 weeks (ie end Nov delivery), but it's still saying TBA on system and the dealer is still none the wiser! 🙄

The pigs are revving up on the end of the runway and the down below place is freezing over!!
Yes, I've had a phone call from the dealer to say that my car has been PDI'd today and can be collected next week.....BUT... (you knew that was coming didn't you?!).. it needs 8 (eight!) software updates and, here's the interesting bit, it needs the modified breather fitted.
Interesting that, as I thought that dealers were only fitting modified breathers if a leak was reported. Either my car has been used as a runabout and accrued miles, or the dealer is being (gulp) proactive!
Only one problem now...because I've already sold my previous car, the only way of getting to the dealer is by train, and they're on strike every day next week except Monday and Wednesday 😭

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back