Tyre pressure TPMS Fault

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So from when I got the car it came up with this fault. It says TPMS system failure I think then stays with this error.

Took it into St Helens MG who were useless. Spent 2 hours and said they couldn't find an issue. I said the front drivers side tyre says there's no or zero pressure, that's a fault. Basically fobbed me off ao I will be complaining.

Has anyone else had this issue? I think it's probably the one tyre/sensor and not a software issue?

20220930_121940.jpg

Strange. My test car had it (the tpms light) on and was described as a possible calibration issue🤔

I wonder if this is a more common issue?

Alan

Last edited:
TPMS warning was on the SE I test drove but no issues so far on my Trophy.

I also came across this video which shows how to reset the TPMS warning in an MG RX5. I can’t check if resetting the MG4’s is similar to this, as I don’t yet have my car, but I thought it might be worth checking out:

I wonder if the sensor gets stuck during the shipping from China and when driven properly it gets unstuck.
Any idea of I could just deflate and pump back up the tyre to make it kick in? Prefer to try and fix myself if it's easy save going back to MG and waiting hours

Any idea of I could just deflate and pump back up the tyre to make it kick in? Prefer to try and fix myself if it's easy save going back to MG and waiting hours
Just try inflating it a couple of psi. From what I've read in the manual I think the sensor is in the valve stem

Mine has just popped up with this warning, saying rear left tyre low, but when I go on the tyre pressure readout screen they are all the same ( I’ll check tomorrow and maybe it’s 1-2psi lower than the others and the system is very sensitive )

I had a little play on the screens and couldn’t find a way of calibrating / resetting the tyre pressure monitoring system ? Every car I’ve had that’s had TPMS has had a way to calibrate / reset after you have manually checked pressures are correct.

My current car doesn't either. You need to drive it a short distance to reset itself. I am sure the MG4 is the same.
Also previously my TPMS used to be sensitive to temperature variables so I just added a little extra pressure to each tyre and no problems since.

Mine has just popped up with this warning, saying rear left tyre low, but when I go on the tyre pressure readout screen they are all the same ( I’ll check tomorrow and maybe it’s 1-2psi lower than the others and the system is very sensitive )

I had a little play on the screens and couldn’t find a way of calibrating / resetting the tyre pressure monitoring system ? Every car I’ve had that’s had TPMS has had a way to calibrate / reset after you have manually checked pressures are correct.
Yep my rear left tyre was at 33psi compared the 35psi of the others, couldn’t see any puncture so hopefully it was just poorly inflated at PDI ( although this doesn’t say much about the PDI if this has happened to a few of us only 1 week after getting the cars )

Same here (4, Trophy). Spoke with dealership about it and the infotainment "preproduction hardware..." Thing and they're going to book it in. TPMS sounds like a simple reset.

Same here (4, Trophy). Spoke with dealership about it and the infotainment "preproduction hardware..." Thing and they're going to book it in. TPMS sounds like a simple reset.
Thankfully mine reset itself once the tyre was pumped up, must have been delivered very close to its lower limit and the cold weather reduced it’s pressure slightly and set off the TPMS 👍🏻

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back