Tyre pressures and fuses

LordSiborg

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all

On holiday, and of course I left the book behind...
What are the tyre pressures supposed to be fully loaded? The only label I can find on the car suggests 32psi for everything regardless of the load?
Also, when I went to pump the tyres up the fuse in the 12v accessory appears to have blown as the 12v socket no longer works. I know where the fuse box is but before I start pulling the covers off, anyone got a clue if there are spare fuses in there, and what rating I need?
Simon

The book only gives one pressure (32psi cold).
The fuse you are looking for is F1 (15A) and it's probably the easiest to access.
AFAIK there are no spares in the box.

Hi all

On holiday, and of course I left the book behind...
What are the tyre pressures supposed to be fully loaded? The only label I can find on the car suggests 32psi for everything regardless of the load?
Also, when I went to pump the tyres up the fuse in the 12v accessory appears to have blown as the 12v socket no longer works. I know where the fuse box is but before I start pulling the covers off, anyone got a clue if there are spare fuses in there, and what rating I need?
Simon
Here, help yourself to a manual :)

Seems odd, every car I've ever had you had to adjust those...

I agree, and I tend to run the rears relatively high (36-38) when laden.

Thanks I'll grab a pack of 15a fuses before I open it up

There's a useful thread here about accessing the fusebox.

MG5 Passenger Compartment Fuse Box

I was glad that I read this before removing the cover as it required a large amount of force and I was worried that I had missed something. The fuse that you are after is about the only accessible one.

Just in case you have not you may have to press the start button once or twice to send power to the 12v scocket.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom