Unable to activate my ZS EV

Mattu76

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone, received my car a few days ago and I'm having a big problem activating it in the infotainment system. After pressing the Activation button onscreen i get this message back - Parameters are not correct- please check and try again.

Without activating I am unable to open the sat nav or do anything requiring the Internet.

Any help will be great, thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi everyone, received my car a few days ago and I'm having a big problem activating it in the infotainment system. After pressing the Activation button onscreen i get this message back - Parameters are not correct- please check and try again.

Without activating I am unable to open the sat nav or do anything requiring the Internet.

Matt
What model do you have 2021 or Gen2 2022?

Matt
Hi Matt, I’ve had my ZS for 3 days and can’t even GET to the flipping Activation Screen. I’ve talked to 3 dealerships and the best? advice? was “ I can’t explain over the phone - it’ll take about 30 minutes to sort it “

we’ve also had a gremlin in the tech which reset the Max Battery Charge Level to 50% instead of the 100% which it was set to when we received the car.

MG ZS EV LR 23 plate

Hi Matt, I’ve had my ZS for 3 days and can’t even GET to the flipping Activation Screen. I’ve talked to 3 dealerships and the best? advice? was “ I can’t explain over the phone - it’ll take about 30 minutes to sort it “

we’ve also had a gremlin in the tech which reset the Max Battery Charge Level to 50% instead of the 100% which it was set to when we received the car.

MG ZS EV LR 23 plate
Mine is booked in to have it sorted out so fingers crossed. I also have a tyre pressure warning come up every now and then even though the pressure is spot on. Definitely issues going on with the system.
Good luck, I hope it all gets sorted out for you.

This seems to be a growing problem. Got my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect on Wednesday and I can't get the Navigation to work. I have raised this with the dealer but no answer yet.

I have been able to set everything else, but it took some time. The car defaulted to CYPRUS which caused all kinds of setup problems. I think I found 2 locations hidden deep in the menus where I was able to change to the UK. It took too many attempts to remember precisely where. I can now use the MG iSMART app to monitor the car and do all the settings. However, because I cant get the NAV working I can't use any of the Connect features that I have paid for.

You can apparently reset the head unit by long pressing the HOME button but I cant seem to do that. Is it the physical home button or the screen one? Either seem to do nothing other than restart the head unit.

Hopefully these issues are easy to fix because apart from that I'm finding the car to be very impressive. The ride is pretty good and it can be very fast when you want it to be. Super comfortable and so far easy to charge.

I have been able to Factory Reset my Head Unit and setup again. I have detailed what I did and show a video of the result in the following thread. Hope it might help.
MG ZS EV Trophy Connect can't get Nav to work

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom