Unable to charge my SE

thowi02

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I posted previously regarding the 12 volt battery not being charged resulting in me being stranded. The service centre charged it up and found no other problem however it has happened again, only this time it is worse.. I tried to put the car on charge but nothing happened, no blue lights on the charging port. After a few attempts took to the service centre where they had the same problem. car is currently with them ( 3 days so far). manager says that another MG4 has the same problem.

I posted previously regarding the 12 volt battery not being charged resulting in me being stranded. The service centre charged it up and found no other problem however it has happened again, only this time it is worse.. I tried to put the car on charge but nothing happened, no blue lights on the charging port. After a few attempts took to the service centre where they had the same problem. car is currently with them ( 3 days so far). manager says that another MG4 has the same problem.
Did they give you a courtesy car?

HI, there is yet another thread with this issue its called MG4 Charging lights not working started by WXman and I have copied this below from that thread.
Might be worth checking out
Les

WXman

Standard Member​

JoinedJan 1, 2023Messages17Reaction score21Points6 FarnhamDrivingMG4
From the owner's manual, it's the F9 5amp fuse in the driver side fuse box. It was a little daunting accessing the fuses via the side panel of the dash with the driver's door open. When I got to the fuse, it was very firmly in position - took quite a pull with long-nose pliers to remove it. As I didn't have a replacement to hand, I put the same fuse back in, and the charge port lights have worked ever since! I've attached the owner manual page, I think the fuse board map was orientated differently from memory - you might need to rotate the image - you'll see what I mean when you get in there!

Hope that helps and fixes this glitch for you, Good luck!

Attachments​

• Screenshot_20230208-104216.png
    Screenshot_20230208-104216.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 74

Last edited:
This also happened to me. I was unable to charge the car, at all, after it was delivered. Blue lights not green. Suggests PDI was not carried out thoroughly enough. Returned to dealer who took 8 days to do a software update that fixed the problem. I learned that another branch of the dealership had another car with the same problem. So it seems to be a known issue but really not good enough. I was seriously considering rejecting the car.

HI, there is yet another thread with this issue its called MG4 Charging lights not working started by WXman and I have copied this below from that thread.
Might be worth checking out
Les

WXman

Standard Member​

JoinedJan 1, 2023Messages17Reaction score21Points6 FarnhamDrivingMG4
From the owner's manual, it's the F9 5amp fuse in the driver side fuse box. It was a little daunting accessing the fuses via the side panel of the dash with the driver's door open. When I got to the fuse, it was very firmly in position - took quite a pull with long-nose pliers to remove it. As I didn't have a replacement to hand, I put the same fuse back in, and the charge port lights have worked ever since! I've attached the owner manual page, I think the fuse board map was orientated differently from memory - you might need to rotate the image - you'll see what I mean when you get in there!

Hope that helps and fixes this glitch for you, Good luck!

Attachments​

• Screenshot_20230208-104216.png
    Screenshot_20230208-104216.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 74
Thanks I mentioned this to the service dept, it turned out an update to the VMS solved the problem.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 528 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back