portugeezer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi, everyone! My brand new MG4 was delivered with a strange cable tucked inside the passenger door storage compartment. Does anyone know what it could be?

Attachments

• IMG_4429.jpeg
    IMG_4429.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 132
It wasn’t connected to anything. Just loose in the door compartment. There was some sticky tape at the back of the switch unit. I just want to know what it is, in case it is necessary for whatever reason. Thanks

Does anyone know what it could be?
I believe that it's a disconnect that they use for new cars so the auxiliary battery doesn't die on the long trip from China. I assume that ICE cars have the same problem.

The button is to temporarily connect the battery so it can be started. Otherwise, the battery is disconnected to kill all the parasitic drain.

The dealer, or the people delivering to the dealer, would probably like it back at some point.

It is definitely a battery disconnect device, I can confirm. It enables the 12V battery, at a push of the button in order to unlock the car and start it, but after the car is moved about and parked, it disconnects the battery so it doesn’t drain it. Definitely something used in car storage compounds. It had some double side sticky tape, so must be hidden somewhere outside the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back