• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Updated ZS 2022.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this, 73kWh battery. :unsure:
NewZS.jpg

Anyone else seen this, 73kWh battery. :unsure:
View attachment 2669
nope not seen this before but again mentions india 1st where are these units for the uk we aren't even getting marvel r MG uk need to pull their finger out or they will slip well down the rankings for sales.even tesla are launching a £18000 car in 2023..

Do you expect that they can swop the batteries?
Depends on the price difference between a battery swap and depreciation on trading in your old car for a new one. I think I'd rather start again with a new car.
Hopefully they won't mess with the BMS on the bigger battery and end up with it having the same range as the old one. :sneaky:

I don't see how they can increase the capacity by nearly double without increasing size or weight 🤷🏼‍♂️ Battery technology hasn't improved that much since the ZS EV was introduced.

I don't see how they can increase the capacity by nearly double without increasing size or weight 🤷🏼‍♂️ Battery technology hasn't improved that much since the ZS EV was introduced.
Could it be that possibly the ZS used older battery technology hence the lower price ?
Or maybe it is bigger, remember the space behind the battery where the ICE fuel tank was ?

The battery technology in the ZS EV is lithium ion, so it's the current standard. As you say, perhaps there is more space to be utilised. But that doesn't account for no increase in weight, as I said in my earlier post, battery technology (lithium ion) hasn't progressed quickly enough to make so much more capacity with zero weight penalties.
Looking forward to the final specs being published as there's nary a story about it on Google yet.

nope not seen this before but again mentions india 1st where are these units for the uk we aren't even getting marvel r MG uk need to pull their finger out or they will slip well down the rankings for sales.even tesla are launching a £18000 car in 2023..

If this price tag sticks, it will kill all other manufactures sales.

Interesting. They’re still to deliver the model y in the uk which was to be a ‘cheap’ car along with the model 3. My guess is the ‘£18k’ hatchback won’t arrive in the uk for at least another 2 years by which time who knows what other manufacturers will have. Tesla’s first move advantages won’t last forever.

By the time we get the lower priced Tesla, it'll be £25k, but your point is valid.

Interesting. They’re still to deliver the model y in the uk which was to be a ‘cheap’ car along with the model 3. My guess is the ‘£18k’ hatchback won’t arrive in the uk for at least another 2 years by which time who knows what other manufacturers will have. Tesla’s first move advantages won’t last forever.
Tesla are so far ahead, I'd doubt anyone will get close within a decade. As for the UK market, we are peanuts to both Tesla and SAIC. Third class in the pecking order... Especially post brexit.

I like how they've basically just stuck some Tesla style lights on the back of a Toyota Corolla 😂

The battery technology in the ZS EV is lithium ion, so it's the current standard. As you say, perhaps there is more space to be utilised. But that doesn't account for no increase in weight, as I said in my earlier post, battery technology (lithium ion) hasn't progressed quickly enough to make so much more capacity with zero weight penalties.
Looking forward to the final specs being published as there's nary a story about it on Google yet.
According to the manual, the ZS already has the latest spec Li Ion battery, known as Ternary Lithium Ion (same as Teslas), so as you say, it will be interesting to see how they can improve it.
What is the difference between ternary lithium and lithium iron phosphate batteries?.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom